• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Cute Kid

Started by jaytrumpet, July 31, 2012, 02:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaytrumpet

This one was harder than I thought (as usual). His sleves were a lot of trouble and still don't look 100%. Please give me your comments.

Pat

Hi Jay,  :)

Your color correction has a bit of a magenta cast.

Would it be possible to select and make a layer via copy of part of the collar, then move, edit, and transform warp to replace the sleeve areas that are giving you trouble?    

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

jaytrumpet

Pat,

I got rid of the magenta color cast in this one, maybe I went a little overboard? I tried making sleeves from his collar but it looked really fake. I jumped it to a new layer and warped it into position, then trimmed the edges with a layer mask. If you think it will work better than what I have, I'll try it again.

Jay

jaytrumpet

OK,

Here is a version with the sleeves redone. I copied pixel information from the collar to "make them." How can I get it to look better?

Jay

Pat

Hi Jay,

Just a quick and sloppy try but will give you an idea of what I had in mind.  The sleeves were done as I suggested previous.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

jaytrumpet

Pat,

I think we are on the same page here. I warped my sleeves so they wouldn't look too perfect (completely vertical). Maybe I warped them too much or the wrong way, what can I do to make them look better?

Pat

Although you don't want them too straight, it does not take much warp at all to overdo it.

Pat
Pat

kiska

This boy looks mighty blue and gray. I did basic levels and curves then selective color.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro