• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

3 good men

Started by Graphx, July 27, 2012, 12:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graphx

Here is my latest repair sent to this forum for review/ critique. It is a 4x6 photo of three men at a wedding. Please let me know if there is any changes that need made before I send this back.
Larry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Graphx

Here is the before picture

Mhayes

Larry,

It would help if you would post your photos as a jpgs, because I need the color profile. You have gotten rid of the yellow, but the damage on the photo is still showing, especially on the curtains and the man's white tux in the center.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Graphx

How about this fixing

Larry

Mhayes

Hi Larry,

This is a little better, but still off. On the curtain to your right, you can see the water damage. On the curtains to your left, I don't think they should be as dark as the wall beneath. Also on your right the black streak is most likely from the copy stand.  This looks like an old photo and some things are hard to work with, but I try to imagine a wedding and the guy's tux and know that it would not have a dirty look which is the result of water damage and dirt.

Here is what I imagine the photo to look like. This was a 40 min "quickie" from the original and I did not go in to restore the damage as much as to have better contrast and to clean up the curtains and the tux. It looks a little splotchy in spots as the curtains may need to be toned down. The first thing I did was a Curves color correction followed by B/W red channel (still sRGB). From then on it was tweaking different areas.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Graphx

Hopefully I fixed it enough to send it home this week. Please give me some feedback on this photo

Larry

kiska

I think it need more contrast... looks hazy and flat.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Larry, I would like to add that the groom's jacket should be lighter like in Margie's version.  Be careful that the the top part of the jacket doesn't become blown out, a layer mask would be helpful here.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Larry if you need help understanding or using layer masks there is excellent information at this link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/masking-layers.html

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Graphx

I did a quick fix using your suggestions. Hopefully this is an improvement.

Larry

Mhayes

GraphX, much improved!  :up2:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Larry, much better contrast and the white jacket looks much cleaner too!

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]