• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Just wondering

Started by philbach, July 17, 2012, 09:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

This is the original version.  There are two areas that for me are in question marked with arrows.  I think the item on the left is an artifact and yet it does not seem to run into the subjects shoulder so maybe it is supposed to be in the photo.  The shadow area on the lower right hand corner is a mystery too since that's the Junction of the side of the box and the man's left arm.  How would you handle these two areas?  Thanks

phil

Mhayes

Hi Phil,

I do not believe that the item on your left is an artifact as it is very clear on all channels. I have no idea what it is, but a guess would be that it is part of the covering that was over the box or table.  It doesn't need restoring so you can leave as is even though we don't know what it is. On your left if you look in the blue channel, it looks like a small doll. If it is a doll, I don't think it can be brought back.

I'm not sure what the size on this photo, but I'm guessing it is a 4 x 6? I'm wondering if you could crop in and keep the same dimensions? If not I would show the man with short sleeves and a bit of his arm showing and darken and blur the lost parts.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

I think the lower right might be his hand reaching toward the camera?
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

Thanks.  I'll keep the item on the left and deal with the lower right hand of the photo somehow. 
phil