• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thoughts with Craig, Tess, and Family

Started by Mhayes, June 10, 2012, 11:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Last night I got the bad news from Tess that her husband Craig suffered burns from a fire in a work accident.

QuoteHi everyone, hubby Craig had an accident with fuel and a fire this morning. He has 2nd degree burns to his arms, hands and cheek and may have slight burns in his throat. So they intiubated him as a precaution and have flown him by helicopter to our burns hospital in Melbourne, 4 hours drive from here.

He will be fine, this is only a precaution but we will be heading down either this afternoon or early in the morning when I know more.

Can someone mind my gallery for a day or 2 until we get him home? (Hannie is taking care of that, you take off as long as you need.)

They have knocked him out for the intubation and will keep him under until tomorrow. Then if all is ok with his lungs he will be transferred to the hospital about 1/2 hour from here then allowed to come home and have our town hospital do the dressings.

He did say he wanted a holiday, he'll be having one while the burns heal. I'm going to have a good stiff drink to calm my nerves.

And early this morning we received this email:

QuoteThanks everyone. I spoke to his nurse in ICU tonight. She sounds like a lovely bonnie Scottish lass. They are pleased with him, all stable. He won't have to have surgery on the burns, just debridement while he is asleep. They expect to let him out on Wednesday depending on the amount of pain he is in.

We are heading down in the morning and our eldest daughter flies in to Melbourne early tomorrow as well. It will be handy having her there as she can take Bethany off to the museum etc.

I can finally relax and let the guard down now Bethany has gone to bed. Was the hardest thing I've ever done holding it together all day for her.

Post your well wishes to Craig and our support to Tess and her family.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

That sounds painful with the burns.  Wish Craig have a speedy recovery.

BTW, Margie, you are not doing too well with your vacation.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Margie, thanks for taking the time to post these messages. 
My best wishes go to Craig, Tess and Bethany.
Hope hubby will get well soon.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

Oh, Tess. I know what you're going through. It's hard to be strong and stoic. I hope you all heal quickly and can put this tragedy behind you.

Bambi

Pat

I'm wishing all the best for you Tess, as well as a speedy and complete recovery for Craig.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

lurch

<C>

Mhayes

Got word from Tess that Craig had a bad night in ICU and she would like your prayers.

QuoteThanks everyone. He's not doing so well today, so they decided not to wake him until tomorrow. If all goes well they can move him out of ICU on Thursday. He knew we were there though which is the main thing. He has so many tubes and wires and has had 2 bronchioscopes, they were good, a chest xray which showed he has a cold which has developed into an infection and a cardiac echo as his blood pressure is very low.

I'll let you know how he goes but would appreciate all the prayers you can spare.
We are exhausted and finally got some dinner about 8pm.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

A blanket of prayers is wrapped around Craig, you, and your girls Tess.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

TerryB

Tess:
Truly sorry about Craig's misfortune.
I'm thinking of you and hoping for Craig's speedy and successful recovery.
Terry
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

PhotoBob

Saying a prayer for you and Craig Tess...
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

lurch

My thoughts are with you, Tess and Craig.
<C>

Hannie

Tess, I hope Craig is better today and off the intubation, hold on.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

Thank you all for the wishes and prayers. No change today except a little more stable. It's just a waiting game.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]