• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Robert's Workshop 2

Started by pcraft, June 23, 2006, 06:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcraft

This is the other photo I did and was sent to me as moderate... I wasn't completly happy with the shoe on the viewers left side, but  I perservered with it and this was about the best I could do with it...   :)

happyheart

I think this one looks very good also.  It's impossible to even tell what was on that left side originally.  I think the reconstruction looks very good.  The sock looks a little flat, and could possibly use a little shading/highlighting to round it out.  Also the fingers on the left hand would look a little more natural if you could apply a slight warp to them to curl them around the shoe a little bit.
If it's artsy or Photoshop, I'll give it a try!
aka Betty

pcraft

Thank you Happyheart..  I thoroughly agree with your suggestions and know for my skill level, it would have taken me, much much longer to perfect it to that point.. As it was, it took me about 3-4 weeks to get it to this point..  lol    :)

At the time, I hadn't been informed of any time restraints and preferred quality to quantity.. I also hadn't heard about not using parts of other photos in the restoration process..  The shoe and hand were from other photos but I rebuilt the arm using the clone tool... So, that much I am proud of..  lol

Again, Thanks for your reply...   ;)

Best of Regards
Robert

happyheart

If you have PS CS2 the Warp tool allows for the finger blend pretty easily.  If the sock is on a seperate layer, you might be able to use blend options like inner glow, etc to add the dimensions.  I would have to play with it a little also.  I know what you mean about the time.  I am spending much more than most probably are, but I have the time and am learning LOADS from doing it.
If it's artsy or Photoshop, I'll give it a try!
aka Betty

Risici

Now i wouldnt have made this comment if you hadnt asked about on the napp forum, but here it goes:
I  think the colors is a little of. There is no real colorcast, but i think the jeans "pop" too much and draw fokus away from the face. i would draw about 30% of the cyan out of the cyan and 20% of the black out of the black in selective color set to relative.
Maybe make a color balance layer with +7 +2 +11, but all of this color changes are minor nitpicking and could just as easily be a slight monitor difrence.
Now that i think of a recent post saying they would handle the colors when printing, i feel a bit embareced about writinga bout that kind of small changes..
I guess this is my clumsy way of saying great work, i for sure wouldnt have had to work on that foot :)

pcraft

Thanks Betty and Risici... Both your points are well taken...  I find Photoshop is a continuing ongoing learning experience and very addictive too...  lol 

Thanks again for your replys..

Robert

BuckMountainArts