• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Return

Started by G3User, May 16, 2012, 04:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Hi Tess,

Afraid I can't complete StonerS1_16x20.jpg. I should have looked more closely at the file name and would have realized that it is 20 inches x 16 inches, equivalent to 4 x 10 x 8s. :wow:

I am running XP with the maximum amount of RAM but CS3 is extremely slow and prone to crash.  I haven't had that happen before.

Surely this can't be the revenge Margie mentioned, us Aussies have to stick together

Athol

Tess (Tassie D)

Athol could you copy it and downsize to 8x10? I'll check with Margie but I'm pretty sure we can't afford to print huge photos.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Athol,

I can't believe you are complaining about the size as we figured it would be easier for you to paint within the lines. What a shame that you blame your computer and software for the slow speed and then throw in the scenario of a crash to be dramatic. Then to top it off you have a call for all Aussies to unite. I must admit that I was impressed with your math for the equivalent of (4) 8 x 10s. That really could be the answer to your problem: Divide the photo into four 8 x 10 sections, upload and your distributor (also an Aussies) will stitch them together. Problem solved!  :cool:

OK, just for you I am allowing you to reduce the photo to an 8 x 10 since that is what it would be printed at anyway. Just so you don't think I'm out to get you <smiling at the thought> I'm allowing you to do this. Seriously, it should have been brought down in size before uploading, but guess who was in charge of the cropping and uploading? Moi. Occasionally we let the bigger sizes go through by request and while we print at the 8 x 10, the family has the option of getting a CD to have it printed at the larger size. The family knows on this one that they will get it at an 8 x 10.

Athol, you are so much fun!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Tess and Margie,

My CPU and RAM thank you.

Margie, if you happen to feel a twinge over the next few days it wasn't me  :halo:

Athol

Hannie

Ah, the sweet taste of revenge!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Thanks a lot Hannie! I was only slightly concerned by Athol's hint of revenge, but now I feel a sense of paranoia setting in.  :-\

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, that's just wrong.  You're scaring me.  That's beyond Hun.

i wuv u
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

G3User

Hannie, you obviously need help.

Now you are no longer a distributor may I suggest you get a copy of "Voodoo for Dummies", it may help you achieve a more sophisticated approach.

Margie, it's working!!!!!!!!

Glad to see you back Glenna, suggest you just keep your head down.

Now back to my 8 x 10

A

Mhayes

Athol,

I don't when I have laughed so hard as when I read your post. Luckily I wasn't eating anything or your prediction of bad things to come would have happened. Right now I can't shake the vision of Hannie reading "Voodoo for Dummies."

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Athol, I thought you were an advocate of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Voodoo?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

A fine publication Hannie.

You are showing promise, there may be an apprenticeship in the offing

Athol

glennab

Athol and Hannie: I believe that I just saw a note in Amazon.com for an upcoming new book by Katrin Eismann called Voodoo for Yoodoo, Version I.  She's branching out from her Restoration and Masking expertise to help OPR get a handle on the ever escalating sorcery. There are chapters on new high tech materials for the dolls, as well as the weaponry with which to identify and puncture the victims, but gently and politely. No more Hunnery.  None!  If one is to practice VooDoo, it should be done with intelligence and panache - no idiocy here, please.

Thank you so much.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

G3User

Wow GK. :wnw:

Another publication from restoration royalty, no less. Can't wait, just goes to show what a multi talented lot photo restorers are.

Gentle and polite Voodoo, now there is a thought. Intelligence and panache describes me well but I feel I should quietly slink away into a corner to rest and recuperate. I have a strange pain in my mouse finger and need to seek some advice on restoration of a corduroy jacket while I still have movement

Athol