• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another update

Started by TimeTraveler, October 17, 2006, 06:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimeTraveler

I've been working on this for awhile and thought I would post my progress.  Thanks to Ziaphra for outlining an area of the photo, I think I have the baby's hand and the boy's hand sorted out.  I know it needs a lot more work.  I'd like to hear comments and critiques from anyone who would like to write.  The girl's face on the left was the most difficult to repair and I don't want her to look like a cartoon.  Any advice is appreciated.
I'm posting the original again along with what I have done so far.
Thanks..

Ausimax

Hi,

You have done a great job on a difficult image, the only area I feel could be improved is, as you said the girl on the lefts face, I  feel her right eye could be improved a little, and the right side of her mouth, there is a spot there that looks like damage, though it could be just a shadow. I am hesitant to advise at times, it can be so hard to judge things from low-res images. The other area is her forehead, it looks a little splotchy, I don't know what editor you use, in PS CS2 I would probably use the healing brush tool, sampling from the boys forehead to get even texture.

Those points aside, I don't think I would touch another thing, you have done a first rate job on this one.

Regards,

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Hi!

I'll ditto Max's comments about big sis.  A little smoothing would help.  I'd also try to get some highlight in her hair to make it look more realistic.  The only other thing I see are the two hands at the baby's lap.  They look as if they could use a little more cleaning up.  Bro's hand shows some cloning and baby's needs a little more definition (soft).

But WOW!  You put the puzzle together.  Amazing job.  The hand & arm in the center look great.  I hardly feel worthy of offering any criticism when you managed to get the detail out of that mess.

Well done!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)