• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How do I know if I'm done?

Started by barbindelaware, May 02, 2012, 11:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbindelaware

I've just finished my first restoration here.  I'm almost never 100% satisfied (maybe with the most simple fixes) and with this one I felt the dark suits still left a little to be desired.  I think it's about the best I can get to, and as a whole fairly good, so I uploaded back to photoshelter.  I see the instructions for uploading to the gallery here, which seem a little involved and may not be seen for a few days.  I'll go ahead and upload to the gallery, but I wonder, is this the only way to get something critiqued or get suggestions?  I saw in the invitation that I could email for questions, but the address is to a "do not reply" box.

If I turn in something that needs more work according to OPR, do I get notified?

barbindelaware

Just tried uploading to the gallery- went to gallery, upload, browse, and picked the before after.  Confused, I got "you have already uploaded".  Did it automatically upload from photoshelter?  I work nights and stay confused alot, I dunno...... 

Enough restoration for today, I have to shovel my house (cleaning is sporadic around here).

Pat

Hi Barb,

If you would like to put your work in progress on the forum for help, tips, suggestions, or just to see if it's done, follow the instructions below.  It will be seen as soon as you post.  You will want to put it in either the Easy, Moderate, or Difficult category (look under OPR WORKSHOPS about half way down the Forum Home page).  Hope this helps.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Barb,

Before you can upload a "Before/After" for display in the "Gallery" on the forum; you first have to upload your finished restore back to Photoshelter--also leave distributor's name on comment and your name will auto fill. Once your photo has been reviewed by your distributor, you will receive a confirmation by email that your restore has been approved or needs more work. Do not submit to the "Forum Gallery" until your you get approved by the distributor.

Here is some further instructions on posting your work and there are lots more helpful links on the Forum Home Page>The New Volunteer Welcome Center. Here is the link on posting: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html

Hope that helps and look forward to seeing your work.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Barb, like Margie said, the Before & After gallery is only for showing your finished work once it has been approved by the distributor.

Pat's instructions are for posting your work here on the forum to get help or critique.  Once you you think the restore if complete you upload to Photoshelter and the distributor will contact you when the upload is received.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]