• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Baby Review

Started by charleneb, March 28, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charleneb

I would love it if ya'll would look this over and let me know if I've missed anything. This is my first time uploading on the forum, so let me know if I do it wrong.  :-\

Charlene

WIP

Original

Mhayes

Charlene,

I think it looks beautiful. I hate to say it, but this is one I could not get to correct as good as yours. It did not want to get away from yellow and wonder how you did it? I even tried finding neutral gray and that didn't work.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

Beautiful work, Charlene.

charleneb

Thanks I appreciate you guys looking it over.
@Margie: I had trouble with the yellow at first too. I kept trying to use the levels adjustment but after a full day realized it just wasn't going to happen. I looked around for another way and found Katrin Eismann's channel replacement listed in OPR tutorials section. It worked wonders!

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

PhotoBob

Excellent work Charlene   :up:
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

Hannie

Hi Charlene, thanks for posting your lovely restore on the forum!
You have done a great job, I'm sure it wasn't easy to get the colors back like you did.

Looking at the original I wonder if it would look good if you lightened your version just a little?
The whites of the blanket and rug could use a little yellow and perhaps even magenta so they don't look gray?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

A beautiful restoration.  Perhaps some sharpening might help on this neat photo.
phil

Pat

Please DO NOT sharpen this beautiful photo.  :knuppel:

To sharpen or not to sharpen has been addressed in the following posts by Margie, Hannie and Kiska   :wnw:

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2200.msg21566.html#msg21566

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author