• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Kid with balloon

Started by HellZiggy, March 07, 2012, 02:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HellZiggy

It's getting to be about that time of the night where my eyes say "No more Photoshop!"

Since Bambi said "That big missing piece in the corner has the potential to be a great discussion on Forum" I thought I would upload my progress so far.

The original:

OPR_3 by hellziggy, on Flickr

My work in progress:

OPR_3_working by hellziggy, on Flickr

The big missing chunk turned out to not be too much of an issue since it was mostly just carpet. I selected the white damage & deleted it to make that part transparent. Then I copied a chunk of the carpet from the other side. I flipped it and used transform to make it fit and so that it wouldn't be identical to the area I grabbed it from. I put it behind the first layer and then used a mask & soft edge brush to minimize the sharp edge.

I've still got some tweaking to do on the colors and I'm not happy with the shadow yet, but I'm definitely at the stage where I need to put it away and look at it fresh tomorrow.  :D

Feel free to throw any further suggestions for it at me.

kiska

Good place for a dog butt.  8)  Looks like the cat on the sofa needs company.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Looks like an exceedingly handsome shiba butt to me!

DDD

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

HellZiggy

I approve! I think I'll put my exceedingly handsome Dogasaurus Rex into all my restorations. (Maybe not all butt shots though...)

Mhayes

We are so fortunate to have an DDD expert on hand.  ;D

Margie

P.S. Hannie, I'm more familiar with the heads.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

HellZiggy

OK, I think I'm done with this one.

OPR_3_done by hellziggy, on Flickr

Mhayes

I liked the one with dog.  ;) I would upload back to your distributor. I ended up with a warmer tone, but this seems to be an old photo and maybe hard to color correct. Your restore before this one seems brighter?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]