• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Newton and snow

Started by smceachron, March 04, 2012, 06:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smceachron

Hi,  I'm just waiting for feedback and or review - Thx, Sandi :up:
~ Sandi :)

Bambi

Hi, Sandi:

This one is a lot harder than it looked! I like the repair on the upper right, but it looks like you have more snow on the front bench than in the original. The snow looks odd in the orignal, but maybe the dogs knocked part of it off. Take another look at the space between the snowy benches. It should be darker like the original and the shadowy areas. The brown part just right of center might be the brown dog's tail.

Also, just a bit of pink tinge in the dog and the snow in the foreground.

You've really worked hard on this one, Sandi!

Bambi

smceachron

OK, will do.  Thx, Sandi

smceachron

Hi Bambi,
I fixed and leveled the snow on the front bench and added the dog's tail?  I also added a pink tinge to the dog and snow.  Anything else?  Thx, Sandi

Hannie

Hi Sandi,

The backside of the dog looked funny to me so I had a look at he original.  There is a lot of damage but it is mostly little dots and twirly things that can be easily healed.  The red damage in the background can be painted over with white on a color layer.  The detail will come back quite well.

After a simple levels and curves adjustment I worked on the original for an hour and got rid of a lot of the specks, If you like I can send you the full res file.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

Hannie always makes it look easy! Sometimes I think we work harder than we need to and make more problems for ourselves. Thanks, Hannie.

Bambi

smceachron

Hannie,
Thanks, I'd like to see your full rez file.  I guess I need to go back to the levels and curves adjustments.  Where did I go off track? 

Someday, I'll be able to do this with simple levels and curve adj too.

Thank you for your help. ~ Sandi

Mhayes

And for comic relief, may I present our resident "Dog Bottom Expert" the talented Hannie Scheltema.

Quote"The backside of the dog looked funny to me so I had a look at the original."
Photo or the dog?  :funny:

Sorry to hijack your post Sandi, but this was too good to pass.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

smceachron

That's OK,  the dog's bottom looked weird to me too - like two drum sticks. I looked back at the orig photo as well. ~ Sandi

Hannie

Margie, It thought looking at dog bottoms is now your favorite pass time too?   :)

Bambi, cleaning up this photos is like a long lasting, tedious game of Bubbles shooter.  It goes on and on and on.... 

Sandi I have placed the full res version in your gallery and you should receive an invite email from me as well.
I hope it will be of help to you!

It is great that you post your wip on the forum, thanks for all of your hard work.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

lol we can now call Hannie 'DDD', dog derrierre detective.   :funny:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

HellZiggy

I've got a Shiba Inu who has a tail that's always curled up. If you decide to check out more dog derrierres "for reference" I'm sure it can be arranged.  ;D

No... I'm not one of those people who will use any excuse to show off her exceedingly handsome dog.  :halo:

Rex & Ripley by hellziggy, on Flickr

Tess (Tassie D)

I have a real soft spot for the Shibas. A dear friend of mine over there has 3 of them.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

HellZiggy

THREE Shibas? Mine can be so stubborn at times that I can't even imagine him times three. :)

Mhayes

Hellziggy, what a handsome dog! I thought I knew the different breeds of dogs, but I didn't know yours. Is he hard to keep his coat clean?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]