• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Fundraising for Hummesltown, PA Run

Started by Mhayes, January 24, 2012, 11:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Take a look at the Fundraising tab off the home page: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/current-fundraiser/

We have run two fundraisers almost back to back. Normally we would try for just one a year, but last year set some records for disasters. The Joplin tornado in May and then in September there was record breaking floods in the Northeast from Tropical Lee that spun off of Hurricane Irene.

With the second fund raising that started for Hummelstown and also for a little extra if we go back to Joplin in May. Anyone that donates $50 or more will have their choice of either an OPR Poster as shown with their name or if they have some of their own before/after OPR restores that they would like in the place of any shown---we will exchange out. Those photos must be either an 8 x 10 or a 4 x 5 and in a vertical orientation.

Mike and Pat Sluder have offered to pick up the printing and shipping cost (including those outside the U.S.) of the poster to help promote this drive. None of the cost for this will come out of the money donated for Hummestown. Here is what the poster will look like.

For those not wanting a poster, we have t-shirts as an alternative. Sizes: M, L, XL, XXL.

We were lucky on the Joplin run that Victoria Johnson and Randy Henderson were able to have their place of business pick up the cost of fliers and posters. In Hummelstown, Katherine Arline will be handing out fliers, but this cost OPR will be picking up. We could have gone black/white for the flier below, but we opted out for the copies to be in color. Below is the flier that Katherine will be hand delivering. For some businesses we can send the flier by email as an attachment. The Patriot News is one that I have sent both the flier and press release to and they have already interviewed me for a story to go out sometime the beginning of February.

A big thank you to Mike and Pat Sluder for doing this. They have been working tirelessly trying to help raise money for OPR. Mike has taken on the job of applying for grants and sponsorships and that is no easy task in the current economy.

A thank you also goes out to Kate Arline for redesigning the old flier and for her efforts to get the word out about our run in April.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Margie,

The poster looks great, what a lovely idea!
I can't thank everyone enough for all their hard work.  I hope that the donations will keep coming in so we can continue to restore photos in the future.

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Thanks everyone! The poster is a wonderful idea - and looks great!
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Tori803

Just a silly question - I assume that when someone donates $50 s/he will be contacted as to their preference (poster, tee shirt, swapping out their own restores)?

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

With the unusual weather patterns and out of season storms that seem to be the new normal across the country, we are going to have an unprecedented number of people looking to OPR for help. 

A big thanks to everyone who participated in getting this fundraiser up and running.

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Tori,

Yes, anyone that has donated $50 or more can let me know what you would like. If you want the poster as it is now, contact either Mike or Pat Sluder. If you want your photos of before/after, give me the extension of your photos and I will search in the PS Archive for them. If you should want a t-shirt let me know you size. Also, make sure you let us know your address.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]