• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Glamour Shot--WIP need advice

Started by pic-dr, January 21, 2012, 07:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pic-dr

Quote from: Mhayes on January 25, 2012, 06:18:42 PM
Hi Larry,

Mike wanted you to blend the vignette like he showed at the top of the page. Your restore before Mike's had sharp edges and looked more like a cloud. The trick is to take care of the damage and keep it looking as close to the original as possible.

When you are ready to upload, a simple way is to do it while on the OPR Forum. Take a look on the left hand side (must be logged into the forum) and the second box says upload to PhotoShelter. Click on the box and it will take you to the sign in and after that will be where you browse your hard drive and upload your restore. On this link http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1851.0.html go down half way down the page and you will see an illustration of how to fill the boxes out when you upload. You want the organization box to read Operation Photo Rescue, the box under it to read "leave blank." Where you see "brief description" list the gallery where you got the photo. In this case you would put: "Bambi." Your name will automatically show up when the photo goes to the PS Archive. Wait till you hear back from your distributor, but give at least 8 hrs for a response back.

Here is a link to some of the what to do and not do: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1772.0.html  Probably on your welcome letter there would have been mentioned that you always return the photo as you got it, which means as a 300 dpi at the same dimensions, and the extension the same although you can put done at the end if you wish(Example: BellassoJ13_6_5x7done.jpg). The photo is to be returned as a jpg and in the same color mode of sRGB. If your WIP is a .psd, then do a save as .jpeg with the same name and extension as the original.

Hope that helps.

Margie

Hi Margie,

Yes, you answered all my questions about uploading, thank you. I've been playing around a lot with PSE, and find it to be far superior to Photo Plus, for me at least. It seems less destructive, and the clone tool seems much more accurate. I think that will help to preserve much more of the original.

I will go back and 'borrow' some of the vignette from one of my saved wips, and do what I can to restore it to the original. About the sleeve thing, I just don't know. After looking at the orig and the last wip side by side about a hundred times, I still see a lot of curve from the shoulder to the crook of the man's elbow. But as I mentioned to Lurch, I did straighten it a good bit. Any more and I think it will look phony again.

Thanks for your help,
Larry
The most important room is that which is reserved for improvement.

pic-dr

pic-dr

I think I've taken this as far as I can without further assistance.

pic-dr

Mhayes

Hi Larry,

I think you've come a long way on this one and time to upload to your distributor and get her feedback. The family will be happy with the restore.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

pic-dr

Quote from: Mhayes on January 26, 2012, 12:27:33 AM
Hi Larry,

I think you've come a long way on this one and time to upload to your distributor and get her feedback. The family will be happy with the restore.

Thanks,

Margie

Hi Margie,

I just want to take a moment to thank you, jesterjeni, Mike, lurch and everyone else who helped me through this project. I know it's been a long hard road for all of you as well as myself, and I do appreciate all the help. I hope they like it! Managed to upload before and after successfully! (Believe it or not)  :D

Warm regards to all,
Larry

pic-dr

jesterjeni

keep learning....you have done a wonderful job!
it has been an enjoyable journey...looking forward to your next project!!

pic-dr

Thank you for all the help! And I'll be watching my email for my next pic  :up:

pic-dr