• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New member intro

Started by pic-dr, January 15, 2012, 10:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pic-dr

Hi everyone, my name is Larry and I'm very happy to announce that I've been approved to be a contributing photo editor at Operation Photo Rescue!

I know how important my own old family photos are to me, and I hope to be able to bring a little happiness to those who have lost so much in floods,[/img] fires and other catastrophes.

I'm self taught at editing pics, I learned using Gimp, and I'd appreciate any constructive criticism from those who are more adept than I at this. Please feel free to send me a message and a tip or two (thousand)!   :)

Mhayes

Hi Larry,

Welcome to OPR and I like your handle of Pic-Dr. I think you will be right at home here and will find enjoyment in helping families get their photos restored. At first you threw with the title of "photo editor" and then I realized you meant being approved as a volunteer. Congratulations and welcome to the ranks of 2,000+ strong OPR volunteers.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Larry,

Welcome tot the forum and thanks for volunteering to help restore photos for flood victims.
Are you still using GIMP or another photo editing program?

The search button here can get you to a wealth of information, tips and techniques right here on the OPR forum.

Please feel free to post your work here to share with the other volunteers and perhaps get a useful tip.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]