• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How do these eyes look?

Started by hughlettstudio, December 12, 2011, 09:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hughlettstudio

Hi, these eyes were completely gone. So I did my best guessing what they might look like.
Any comments about the eyes, face, hair...or anything else would be helpful. Still have a few more things to clean up, but I think it's getting close.
Thanks!
Phil

Mhayes

Hi Phil,

What a fantastic job you have done. This is really tricky as most of the information is missing. I looked in the family's folder---Bambi, I was lurking without getting caught---and it looks like there were two sisters and a younger brother. I found another photo of what I believe is the girl, but older and it had her red hair. I have downloaded that photo to your gallery. Hope that helps and I can also run it by the family.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

Amazing job, Phil! There was no information in those missing areas. Beautiful restoration. Thanks, Margie for sending Phil the reference.

Bambi

Pat

Hi Phil,

What an absolutely beautiful photo, you've done an amazing job!  Do you think a simple levels and curves adjustment would improve the red?

Levels and curves:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

hughlettstudio

Thanks Pat, I like the look of the skin and background on your version.
Margie is checking on the eye color. I think she may have reddish hair, so I might leave a little more saturation in the hair?

Pat

I think that would be fine Phil.  The family is going to be so pleased when they see it! :up:
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Beautiful eyes Phil, amazing job!  The color of her hair seems fine but I believe this girl has blue eyes?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Hannie,

That was the same photo I downloaded to Phil, he wasn't sure whether blue or hazel and I called the family and left a message and also an email. It was really nice that we had that other photo.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Phil,

I have not heard back from the owners, so I guess use the reference photo. At least you will be close and I'm sure it is the same girl.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

Phil,  I'm absolutely blown away by the amazing job you did on this.  Beautiful work!

glennab

Phil, you've done a masterful job on this little girl's eyes.  I think the only thing I'd add would be just a hint of lashes.  Small pick on a great restore.  Kudos!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Phil,

Your first restore with the eyes brown was correct and while I thought the other photo was a good reference photo, it wasn't the same person. Here is the email I received today from the owner.

QuoteSorry I haven't been able to get back to you sooner.  I had surgery on Monday and I just got out of the hospital last night.  The two photos are actually not the same person.  The one with the missing eyes is a much older photo of my sister when she was a baby.  The only other photo I had of her was when she was an adult.  She has brown hair and eyes.  I don't know if you guys ended up with a copy of the more recent photo or not.  I appreciate all that you are doing.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Phil was right from the start!
Margie, that's great that you contacted the owner, it would have been terrible if she got the photo back with blue eyes...  ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

hughlettstudio

So I'll leave the eyes and hair brown, then add a touch of eyelashes. Sound good?
Thanks for all your help with this!

Pat

Sounds like it will be great Phil.  The family will be very happy when they see this adorable photo restored.

Pat
Pat