• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Dinnertime Sweatheart

Started by PhotoBob, December 31, 2011, 02:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoBob

I've got one I think is ready to go home, just wanted to run it past some some more trained eyes first.  Once again the eyes are an issue with me. I really wanted to add some sparkle, they are just too dark - there's nothing there to work with :'(  See what you all think.

Original:

Final:

The color looks weird in PhotoBucket, I hope it doesn't look like that here.

PhotoBob

Everyone have a safe New Year's Eve  :up: Stay at home and restore photos!
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

Mike S.

Good afternoon Bob,

Looking good.  Your not alone on the eye deal.  I go in for cataract surgery on Jan 4 and 18.

Both parents of the little girl have dark eyes and all the other pictures of the baby have dark eyes so I don't think that is a problem.

I took your restored copy (and maybe it is just because it is on the internet from Photobucket) and did a standard levels correction moving the individual RGB Sliders and it cleaned up the whites a little.   There is a white streak on the bib next to her left ear.  See below

Keep up the good work.

Mike
Mike S.

PhotoBob

Thanks Mike! You are so right - looking at the histogram the highlights were non existent. The streak on the shoulder I felt was a glare from the flash off the plastic bib, but it looks much better removed.  How's this looking?

Good luck with your cataract surgery.

Bob
PhotoBob

Mike S.

Looks Fantastic!!

Happy New Year Bob,

Mike
Mike S.

PhotoBob

Happy New Year to you too Mike, I'm sending her home.

Bob
PhotoBob