• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Did I use too much noise to blend ?

Started by battleaxe, December 29, 2011, 02:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Hello!!
   This picture is very pixelated.  I smudged the sharp edges on the kids. Added 2% Gaussian noise.  Previously I did a remove Dust and Scratch with the same Add noise. 
  Added leaves in spots, cloned what I could.  Copied and transformed the little girl's arm.  Touched up the eyes, left the mouths alone.

1. Did I add too much noise?
2.  Think I need help with the older girl's  forehead, and wasn't sure if I should get rid of the glare in her one eye.
3.  Will fix the boy's hat...here it looks black on top...may have to recalibrate my screen.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks  :hug:

Pat

Hi Nancy,

You've done a really wonderful job on this photo.  I was afraid it was going to be a non-restore.

I attempted to improve the background color and the white in the little girl's sweater with color balance and selective color adjustment layers and masks.  My try was quick and sloppy at best; I'm sure you'll be able to do much better than mine.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Bambi

Nancy, my hat is off to you! I as sure this was a non-restore. Great job. I like what Pat has done with the color. Other than that, I would just smooth her forehead and the leg of her jeans at the bottom of the photo.

It's hard to tell what was in the top right corner. Should it just fade to black?

Bambi

battleaxe

Thanks Pat and Bambi,
  Will do colour balance and selective colour adjustment layers. Think I will attempt to correct the one eye.

:hug:

battleaxe

Here is final pic, I think.  I only did a colour balance for the white.  Did not touch some of the  blurring of colour for I am afraid of erasing detail, contouring of the sweaters.  Please check. Thanks-you   

Mhayes

Battleaxe,

What a great job of repairing. The color is looking better, but see if you could get the boy in the middle closer to what Pat has so that he is not so red.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

Didn't notice that!  ;D

Thank-you Margie

battleaxe

K here is the final....I think

I tried to put more detail in the older girl's sweater and fix the sleeving.  The red is out of the boy's face.  Think the over /bad cloning is fixed.  Made the left eye of the older girl a little darker, to fit in more.  Re-whitened all the female sweaters.

Any thing else to do?

Mhayes

Nancy this looks a lot better.   :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

Thanks everyone!  It has been sent up the line.
:hug: