• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello please look over

Started by battleaxe, December 06, 2011, 04:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Please look over.
I know there is still damage showing on the children's sweaters.  Should I do another dust/scratch removal or should I do a slight median blur. 
I add someone's arm and shirt to the boy on the left. Hope that is alright.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :hug:

Bambi

Hi, Nancy:

Wow! You have done a great job repairing this picture. Not many members would have taken on this challenge. I know you have trouble seeing the spots, so I circled the areas that still need a little work.

The skin tones on the father and the two tallest boys. Darken the light area on the father's forehead and the top two-thirds of the tallest boy's face. Lighten the shadow on the other boy's face a little and smooth it to match the shadows on the boys to our right.

Great job on the striped shirt and gray pants. You should blend the pants into the background just a little more. Still some spots on the collar and front of his shirt and the other boys' sweaters.

If you want to make the father's hair blend into the background a little more naturally, copy the undamaged parts on the top and our right, flip them horizontally and place them over the sharper edges. In Photoshop, use Free Transform. A very artistic and gentle use of the Smudge tool around the very edges might also work.

Amazing job so far. This is the family's only photograph with us, so they are sure to appreciate all your hard work.

Bambi

Mhayes

Hi Nancy,

Great job on a difficult one. I agree with Bambi and the only other thing that catches my eye is the blue sweater that looks like it still has damage with the green specs. The other thing that might help you on future photos with a studio background is an old post and some time from our volunteer Mary Schonher--she is shown as a guess, but that was mistake we couldn't correct later--that show how to keep the look of studio background. Even though the photos are missing, her instructions are great.

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1266.msg13093/topicseen.html#new

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Thank you so much for working on this photo Nancy.  I was afraid it was going to be a non-restore, but you are really bringing it along.  

That's a great link Margie.  I have bookmarked it and I'm going to spend some time practicing this technique.  It's too bad the photos were missing though.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

battleaxe

Thank- you all  :hug:

Will act on all suggestions.

Theresa H

I think your doing a fabulous job! You should be proud of what you've done so far I think you're almost there :)
Character is what you are, reputation is what other people think you are

battleaxe

Bambi,
  I have sent you the photo.  I kept getting things worse.  Will still work on it, but wanted you to have a copy of what was done so far.