• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help Please on my WIP

Started by Theresa H, November 27, 2011, 11:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theresa H

Not sure if I bit off more than I can chew. Would appreciate any and all advice on this one. Don't know about the background that I'm working on, the girl 3rd from the left if she's to painterly?? and what to do with the 2nd girl on the lefts clothes. Also, can I add a vignette to this when I get closer to being finished? thanks all :D http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa341/Thuddy12/OPR/WIP4x8c.jpg[/img]]
Character is what you are, reputation is what other people think you are

Mhayes

Hi Theresa, you have really picked a hard one to work. If I do a simple Levels Adjustment layer on the original and move in each of the 3 slider; I get a wall that is not the rosy brown as yours. Also, the white sweater in front is more white and the women's faces are not as red also. I do not use any of the droppers, but work only on the sliders for each channel. The wall will be dark on your left as that looks where the flash has fallen off. No, do not use a vignette, but you may crop in closer, but keep it at a 4 x 6. On your left that will allow you to crop off some of the wall. On the bottom, do not crop the woman's hands off. On the woman 2nd from your left, I would make the sweater a solid color, because if it isn't the damage has destroyed too much. You have no texture and I can't tell if she is wearing brown jeans or not.

If you go into your blue channel, you will get a better look at the 2nd woman on your left and the 3rd woman behind her. You will see detail that you can't when viewing in RGB.

Kudos for taking on this one. Great job on what you have done!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Theresa,

Here's what you can see in the blue channel.  It shows that second lady from the left is a little wider and the hand of the first lady is not visible.

Great job so far!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Theresa H

thanks guys, think I've been staring at it too long. That 2nd girl was throwing me off, I think her legs are in line with the women behind her but her torso is turned. I also think I found a spot of blue jean on her  above the edge where it's darkest (though that could be another splotch)

Theresa H

Before I fine tune things, I'd like to make sure my colors are looking ok.  Thanks
http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa341/Thuddy12/WIP4x6.jpg[/img]]

Pat

Fantastic job so far Theresa!  

I think the neck of the first lady on your left may be too red; the same with the little bit of neck showing on the lady standing in front of her.  The neck of the first lady on the right may be too saturated /orange.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Theresa H

Mike S.

Hi Theresa,

I am very impressed with what you have done with a very difficult picture.
I notice a couple of very minor things.   1.  The lady on the far left has a sleeve on her right arm than balloons out the farther down it goes that I do not see in the blue channel above.  2.  The lady  third from the left has highlights under her eyes that give kind of a mask look that I do not see in the blue channel. 

All in all it is excellent work.  Thank you for taking this one on you are braver than I am.

Mike

Mike S.

Theresa H

is this one better?  I tried tracing the blue channel where her shirt is to have a better guide line to follow. I think the 1st persons pants are throwing me off, there's just so much damage I don't know if I can create anything better ;( everything turns into a big mush pile. I also just did a slight color replacement on the 4th,5th and 6th girls hair...they had the fuzzy's so I think this looks better. Thanks for the input on this one, really pushed my limits.http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa341/Thuddy12/WIP4x62jpg.jpg[/img]]

kiska

Looking good. The woman on the left didn't appear quite right. I outlined her right arm and legs. Might help.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Hi Theresa

You've done a wonderful clean up on this mess.  The only thing that catches my eye other than what's already been discussed is the shading on the women's faces, especially the ladies on the left where the damage was the worst (third from left is most pronounced).  The transition areas are a little too stark in many instances - you have almost a paint-by-number look.  I think you'll be able to correct that by using a light to medium opacity brush to blend the colors at the areas of most contrast to get a smoother look.

Nice work!

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)