• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Big Changes on Upgrades from Adobe

Started by Mhayes, November 18, 2011, 06:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Hello everyone,

Scott's letter to Adobe is getting a lot more play on the web.  Digital Photography Review has picked up the letter and posted it on their site.  This means everyone will know and the heat goes on.  See the link below.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/11/22/AdobeUpgradeCriticism

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Thanks for the link Mike. I think the worst part about this is for those not on CS 5 that will have to do a double upgrade for CS 5 or CS5.5 before December 31, 2011. That is like paying for double upgrade in order to stay in the game. Or you pay for a year's subscription for the software and I guess there is a month to month, but is it a lot higher.

I like Scott's letter, but also realize that if Adobe doesn't offer some concessions he will suffer with book deals and seminars. NAPP is offering a super special dea--Monday Dec 28 only--of 1 year and 6 months for new or renewal membership. If Adobe's new requirements go into effect, NAPP may suffer too.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

How do we allow a monopoly, Microsoft, to dictate our software upgrade schedule and have us pay for the upgrades is beyond me.  The Windows 7 "upgrade" resulted in many compatibility issues for the applications and only gain few useful bells and whistles.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mike S.

Good day everyone,

Another article on Adobe upgrades.  This one by Thom Hogan.  Link to his website http://www.bythom.com/

Mike
Mike S.

Theresa H

This kind of stuff just drives me nuts. Thankfully I have CS5 (I upgraded from CS3 awhile back) I figured that every 2 releases I'd upgrade which I think should remain true for upgrades or at lease be able to pay for a tiered upgrade like Kelby mentioned. I had a similar problem with one of my printers (paid over $600 and used it not even 2 years)being useless. Found out the hard way that every 2-3 years printers go out of compatibility with new computer upgrades. That was 1 month be fore I bought $80 in ink and had my computer crash. I understand that CS is really for the "professional" and why they have elements but com'on...throw the current Adobe customers a break.
Character is what you are, reputation is what other people think you are