• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thank you note from a family

Started by OPRAng, October 03, 2006, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OPRAng

Dear Friends,

When I walked into the Pass Christian library trailer, moldy pictures in hand, and saw your volunteers, and friends I hadn't seen since the hurricane, I sobbed and when I received my beautiful photos from you, I sobbed again. Losing my photos was absolutely the worst part of it all--especially when I realized that all the "back-up" photos at grandparents' homes, and aunts and uncles, were gone too. Who knew that 12 members of a family could lose all their homes in one day? Anyway--your amazing gift of photo restoration for us is one that I will never forget--it is huge, and priceless. We are back in our house now, making new memories and taking lots of photos.

God Bless you,
Alane Y.
Pass Christian, MS

To all our priceless volunteers--thank you!
Angela
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

John

cmpentecost

Wow, you just gave me goosebumps.  Words like this make all the hours at restoring these photos SO worthwhile!  :loveit:

Christine

glennab

Ang

Thanks for sharing the lovely letter.  It put tears in my eyes and a smile on my face at the same time!  And made me even more happy that I'm part of OPR - I didn't think that was possible.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

happyheart

And as they say....."That's what it is all about"!
If it's artsy or Photoshop, I'll give it a try!
aka Betty

Sonya K

Doesn't it make all the struggle to fix the photos worth it?
I'm so glad I volunteered. :loveit:

Sonya

Ratz

That just makes it all worth it!!! FANTASTIC!!! :up2: