• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help with tweed and blemish rules

Started by raarons, November 17, 2011, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIERCED6966

Quote from: glennab on November 20, 2011, 09:44:26 PM
Hi Dick

I color corrected your image using levels - just bringing the sliders in until I reached color information on each channel - and this is what I got.  I think the colors are more vibrant than any of the other images I've seen on this thread, and I prefer the vibrancy on this one.

However, what baffles me is that I started by using the curves eyedroppers and got a totally different correction, and when I used the info box and ran the eyedropper around the image there was virtually no yellow and black indicated in the CYMK info area (I usually use that to check skin color balance) on the bottom half of the image.  That would make me wonder if the file has a problem from the get-go.  It may be why everyone is getting strange colors and artifacts.  I'm afraid that I'm not savvy enough to have a clue how to troubleshoot that.  Maybe our Authoritah has some ideas.  I mean that in the most respectful way, Ms. Hun!

GK

I don't know if it's just me but on my monitor your color correction has a green tint to it where as all the others have a clean white shirt.
Is it just me or does everyone else see it?

Bambi

There are several photos like this—impossible to get any sort of accurate color. The shirt in Glenna's version does look bright light green on my browser.

I would probably make it black and white, clean it up and add the color on its own Color or Soft Light layer. I use separate layers for skin tones, jacket, shirt, etc. Then adjust the color and saturation of each layer. That, of course, presumes that there is any useful color reference in the original. You might at least be able to determine whether the color should be warm or cool.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bambi

Hannie

On my monitor the image is also too green, you can move the Magenta/Green slider some to the left,  Still the whites are too yellow in his shirt and in the highlights on his head.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hannie, I think this look better. I think for the shirt and the highlights on his head will need a layer mask and tweaking those areas only.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mike S.

Good day everyone,

I am getting a little different result.  I did the normal levels.  Then separate layer to turn the shirt white, invert and brush it in.   Turn up the saturation a little then tone down the yellow on the forehead.  Layer masks for both corrections after levels as Margie suggested.  Might be something to work with or not.

Thank you,

Mike

Mike S.

Mhayes

Mike, I think this looks the best.  :up2:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]