• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

new pic to please look over

Started by battleaxe, July 09, 2011, 11:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

k
  need suggestions to better this photo, though I think this is as good as I can get it.

Also does she have two white barrets in her hair?

thanks for you help in advance.

Hannie

Hi Battleaxe,

You are a hero for even trying to fix this doozy!
I'm starting to think that this photo really is a non restorable.  There isn't enough detail in her face to bring it back I think...

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Johnboy

Battleaxe,

Congratulations on digging this one out of the mud!!  :up:  I would try healing on the dark areas of the face to start or try the Patch tool. Then move to the other areas of the face and photo as you feel brave. Do the healing on a separate layer and use the Patch tool on a duped layer of the background.  That way if it doesn't work out you can easily trash those layers. (There maybe other ways on later versions of PS. I am on the CS version so I as stuck in old school methods.) Perhaps if you get the face to look reasonable maybe all you can get of this one. One thing I like about the Patch tool is you can see how the selection fits the selected area. Of course you can always back up using the History palette.

Good luck on what ever you do.

Johnboy

P.S. I like the darker restore but I think it maybe a tad too dark and I think the light version is too light. What is the possibility of hitting something between the two.

jesterjeni

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/23435141.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I used smudge dodge burn liquify and rebuilt the face based on what there was to work with...color makes a real big difference.....I widened here eyes just a touch so she didnt look so melted, maybe you can work with this ...and create something usable??

battleaxe

Sorry for the delay,
  Was away for 2 wks.
     Jesterjeni and Johnboy thank-you so much for your advice.  While on leave I tried different things and got no where.  Was going to give up.  Will try your suggestions I am sure that they will help me tremendously.

:hug:

battleaxe

Sorry Hannie ,
  Have given up on this one !

have already spent too long on it and am getting nowhere.  Though I will still play with it.

Oldfaded

ugh darlin this one is amazing. I have been playing with it here, just when I think HEY, its a NAY...
Im impressed you got that far.
Some are just so far gone they literally seem to need a total recreation.
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

jesterjeni

I worked with this a little to see what I could do with it...the mouth is the only thing I really changed..I closed it because the teeth didnt have enough detail...maybe this could help?
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/za2n.jpg/][/URL]

Mhayes

Jesterjeni,

The last post for this one was in August and that photo if I remember was deemed a non-restore. By now all of the photos for that family should already be in and maybe mailed back. It's fun to practice on the hard one, there this one had too much information missing.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]