• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Cookie Crumb Cutie WIP

Started by PhotoBob, November 06, 2011, 11:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoBob

Hi Everybody,

I thought I would post this, even though it's still a work in progress. I've got some good questions:  Can I get rid of the red eye?  PLEASE?   This particular type of red eye is only seen in water damage, not from a flash, right Bambi?  ;)  Also, how's the color / contrast looking? 

Original:

Work in Progress:

Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

On a personal note, the doc says my pen moves too slow on my Wacom tablet when I try to get anything done. (I agree) So this week I'm getting a pacemaker installed. In me, not the Wacom.  :)  Boy have they got a name for it - chronotropic incompetence. On the stress test I turned into a pile of goo at 114 bpm. That means my normal upper end is around 95 - too low. My lower end is fine, I just get exhausted doing the littlest thing. All will be fine and I'm looking forward to blazing a trail with my stylus once again!

PhotoBob
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

Mhayes

Hi PhotoBob.

I think that is the worst red eye I've seen unless it would have been a photo of my Siamese cat Tommy. Yes, yes, yes, fix the poor baby's eyes. This is one time where keeping the original intact does not apply. the parents will be thrilled to see it gone and their child not looking diabolical.  >:D

I wish it was your Wacom getting the pacemaker instead of you, but I think you will feel so much better when it is in. My friend had one put in this summer and he is doing much better. He had an erratic heart beat and the pacemaker got him back to normal one. Keep us posted and we want to hear from you afterwards.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Bob,

Your restore is coming along beautifully, despite the slow Wacom pen!  ;)

So now you are trying to get Bambi to join in your plot saying that red eyes are caused by water damage...  shame on you!

Keep us informed on how you are, hope you will feel better real soon

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Speedy recovery Bob; keep us posted.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Bob,

I wish you a very fast and painless recovery.   Don't pick on the nurses too much.

Mike
Mike S.

PhotoBob

Thanks for the well wish's.  I know this is what I need, just not thrilled with the idea of having a hunk of metal in my chest and them messing with my heart. I guess after we get acquainted, I'll have to name the blasted thing. I named our black cat (with a touch of white on his chest) Oswald Cobblepot. It shouldn't be any harder than that.   :funny:

Margie I already have a layer that takes care of those red eyes. I'll click it on and leave it on!

Mike - It just doesn't make sense to pick on nurses! Do you know how long they can make you wait for your pain meds??

Bob
PhotoBob

glennab

Hi Bob

Chronotropic Incopetence, huh?  Wasn't it Dave Barry who would always say that sounds like a great name for a rock band?  Well... that sounds like a great name for a rock band!  I hope all goes well with the Wacom procedure and that you're up and running in no time.  At least we're lucky to live in an age when technology can do just about anything to keep us going.  But definitely mind the nurses.  They can be hell on wheels if you don't pay attention.  It's not much fun when they have all the power and you're running around with your posterior hanging out.  Absolutely no fair!

Be well.  Bless!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

PhotoBob

Hi Everybody!

I'm on the other side of surgery and doing A-OK  :up:  All in all it wasn't too bad. I was nice to the nurses and they were good to me.  :halo:  I'm amazed, there's very little discomfort - only when I move wrong (I know - don't move wrong)  The main concern now is that I don't move my left arm above my shoulder, or lift my "wing" too high - I could dislodge the wires in my heart. It takes about a month for scar tissue to anchor  them in. I'll be off work for a week, I should be able to finish Cookie Crumb Cutie.

Thanks again for your best wishes.

Bob
PhotoBob

Pat

Hey Bob, that's great news!  Just be sure and take it easy until those wires are anchored in really good.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Good evening Bob,

Very nice to hear all went well.  Now the hard part will be taking it easy like Pat said.  Pretend you are retired with nothing to do. 

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Hi Bob,

That's GREAT! Now rest up and heal up so that we can send you all the red eye photos to keep you out of trouble while recuperating.

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Bob,

So glad to hear it's done and you are feeling well!  Take a nice break for a month and let yourself be spoiled!
And remember, no arm flapping!

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PhotoBob

Hannie I wish I could take a break for a month! I only get a week. But don't worry, I'll keep the wing flapp'en to a minimum - just enough to get off the ground.

PhotoBob
  BionicBob
PhotoBob

Tori803

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Bob!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

PhotoBob

It's time for more eye's on this sweetie (mine are crossed   :D  )

Original:

WIP Final?

How can I improve her?  Thanks for your input.  I hate the splotchy background, but that's how the original is. I have to go back to work tomorrow, but at least I got this far!

Bob
PhotoBob