• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need a little help, please

Started by PatW, November 03, 2011, 12:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatW

I'm having trouble finishing the hair & it's driving me nuts.   (Kindly refrain from pointing out what a short trip that might be, please... ::) )   I'm not sure how long her hair is & where the end of it should be.

Just realized I need to add a shadow to the left of it  too.   Can you see anything else I missed?

Bambi

From the shadow on the wall, it looks like her hair goes down to the top of her dress. I changed it to Lab mode and found a bit of an outline in the a channel.

Bambi

PatW

Thanks, Bambi!  I didn't think of trying that.... :)

glennab

Awesome job, Pat.  The color especially looks great.  Love it.

Hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

PatW

Thanks, G.K.! Praise from you means a lot!   :hug:

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

Struggled with the hair & worked a little more on the tapestry.  Sooo... what do you think?   ???

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Pat, this looks so beautiful and I know these photos with her and her husband pictured together will be treasured. This is another one of those where downloading to my computer shows the colors better.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

Thanks Hannie & Margie! :loveit:

Since you both approved, I went ahead & uploaded it.  I did do one last tweak to the hair & finally it looks right to me.  Margie, I don't know what the deal is, but lately the files I've posted have looked better on my computer than they do on the forum.  Thanks for mentioning that this one looks better on yours too.

You know I've done a number of restorations since you fast talking, flim-flam artists, sucked me into joining OPR, but these were the first ones that made me cry.  It's never seemed more important to get it exactly right.

glennab

Pat, I know what you mean about wanting to get this photo just right.  I showed it to IM, because you'd done such a beautiful job on it, and I was trying to tell him the story and I couldn't get it out I was crying so hard.  You gave this young woman the beautiful gift of a perfect photo of her with her wonderful hero.  (Here come the tears again!)

Hugs!

GK

This is when I REALLY, REALLY wish I had a poofer.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)