• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Permissibility question

Started by ohfer, October 20, 2011, 05:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohfer

Sorry, I don't mean to be a forum hog, but I tend to be hypercautious when I'm starting something new. IMO it's faster to ask questions, even ones that seem obvious, and learn the right way than to not ask and have to unlearn the wrong way.  Thanks for your patience ...  :)

I'm working the bottom pic because it had less dirt than the top one--except on the little girl, who is absolutely buried under grit on the bottom one.  The pics are very slightly different. Is it okay if I clone her much cleaner face and arm from the top one onto the bottom?

I don't think you'll be able to see it in this pic, but underneath the star is the name of the pilot and weapons officer. I looked them up out of curiosity. It turns out that Capt. Jeffrey Feinstein, the weapons officer, shot down 5 Soviet MIGs in Vietnam in that jet during 1972, and is the USAF's last certified flying ace.

Pat

Hi Ohfer,

You are not being a forum hog!  Your approach of asking questions when in doubt is not only faster but smarter too.  It's also what makes this forum such a wonder learning environment.  So thank you for asking! 

In this particular case because the two pictures are duplicates except for the amount of damage, it is perfectly okay to take information from one and use it to replace the damaged area on the other.

What interesting information you found when you looked up the pilot and weapons officer.  It makes this photo even more precious to the family I'm sure.

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Bambi

I totally agree with Pat. I wish more people would post on Forum. Especially with WIPs at the early stages. We all learn so much from reading the posts. And it makes Forum more interesting. You're a great addition to the team.

Bambi

P.S. Also makes it easier for the distributors!  :knuppel:

Mike S.

Good day ohfer,

The Forum is a good learning environment and you can learn a lot of good tips by reading past posts which you can bookmark.  To bookmark, right click on the subject of the post (letter will be in blue) and a drop down will show an option to bookmark the link.  On this post you would right click on the blue letters Permissibility question and you will see the drop down with the bookmark option.

I have learned and continue to learn a lot from the posts.  It is the ones who do not ask that are losing out.

Thank you,

Mike
Mike S.

ohfer