• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Joplin

Started by Mhayes, October 06, 2011, 02:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow I will be leaving for Joplin tomorrow---Whoops, it's already morning here. I thought you would like to see the interview Randy Henderson, long time OPR volunteer, gave about OPR coming this weekend. Big thanks to Victoria Johnson who had worker tirelessly behind the scenes.

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=532487

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, good luck on the copy run to Joplin tomorrow!
To you and everyone that worked so hard to make it happen: kudos!

Bring home lots of photos, come back safely,

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Great interview with Randy! I hope lots of folks show up for the copy run!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

glennab

Wonderful interview, Randy.

Margie, I hope the weekend goes well, that you all stay safe and well, and that you collect hundreds of photos for us to restore. What an awesome effort to get to this point!

Many hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Bambi

Wow. Randy was great. Hope y'all bring back lots of work. A sincere thanks for all the work everyone has done to make the Joplin copy run possible.  :wnw:

Bambi

schen

Great interview of Randy  :up:

Have a safe trip and bring lots of work back for us.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Tess (Tassie D)

Great interview. :up: Here is the latest video showing the volunteers and our fearless leader in Joplin.  ^-^
http://www.ky3.com/videobeta/f0899430-f3e4-4c60-b813-f36842467376/News/Operation-Photo-Rescue
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Johnboy

Great report. Keep up the good work. Have safe journeys home.

Looks like the typical mess as far as the photos shown in the clip. Time to start taking the sanity pills. ;D

Johnboy.

Hannie

Tess, thanks so much for the link to the news report, it looks like things are going really well!

:up:

Hannie

PS
Just read this report, thought you all may want to read it too:
http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x1385482786/Photo-Rescue-reunites-storm-victims-memories
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Good Morning Everyone!

Getting ready to head out for the library, but will report more later. I think today we will have a good crowd, because of the TV and paper coverage. We have a super group and so great to have Crossen family with us. We have had to watch Jan Neil closely as yesterday she ran after the wrong van and pounded on the woman's window to stop and let her and her sister in. The woman was really spooked by this! :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

Great news report. Good luck you guys!

Tess (Tassie D)

Great to hear it is all going well Margie. I can't wait to hear this story about Jan lol.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, I don't know what it is you guys are doing in Joplin but it sounds fishy to me, running after stranger's cars.....   ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro