• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I need some help with this one please

Started by TimeTraveler, September 30, 2006, 04:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimeTraveler

I posted the original awhile back, it's down a few posts.
I've made some more progress but I'm stuck.  I'm at the point where I think I'm making it look worse instead of better.
There is an area where I can make out some hands and skin, but there's too much damage for me to what is connected to what.  There are 2 skin tone areas at the bottom that look like 2 rectangles with slanted edges.
I'll post the problem area and what I have so far of the whole photo.
I need some fresh eyes to look at this and maybe some ideas as to how to go about repairing anything.
I'm open to any ideas, I'm stuck..
The original is an 8x10 so any errors will really stick out.
I hope these files aren't too large.
I'm posting the small section at 100% so you can see what I'm talking about regarding the hands and arms at the bottom.
I really want to finish this one myself because I have been working on it for a long time, and I know there are a lot of photos that are in need of repair.
I've been looking at it for so long that I've reached a few blocks and need some fresh input.
Thanks for any help.

Here is a link to the original..

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/glh112/ReboulBsm1.jpg

glennab

Hi Traveler!

Well, I had a relatively intelligent observation about this, but I timed out just as I was finishing.  Hope I can remember the gist.  This is like an Escher painting!  Here's what I see -- and maybe you or someone with younger eyes or an art background can fill in the blanks.  I think the little hand can only be the baby's, given the position of all the kids.  Sister is in such a position that I don't think her arm would be showing anywhere.

I think big bro's hand is down by the baby's fisted hand and possibly part of his hand is what you're seeing in the flesh-toned area.  You can see where the little arm comes out of the sleeve.  The trick is to figure out how the baby's arm is positioned between the sleeve and her hand.  I'd bet that most of that area is her arm bent in a way that she's slightly reaching out.

No matter how hard I look I can't extrapolate that far, and I'm getting dizzy looking at it!  No wonder you're stumped!  Anyway, I hope my observations have some merit in helping you get further with this.  Good luck!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

The brother has his hand around the baby sister's waist and the baby sister and big sister are holding hands.  First time observation.