• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Take 2

Started by Pat, October 01, 2011, 02:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hi Everyone,

This photo looks like a "take 2" pose of the last photo I restored that I titled Cute as a button from Bambi's gallery.  Please let me know where you see the need for more work.

Original:

WIP:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Jonas.Wendorf

Hi Pat,

this one looks absolutely wonderful :-)!
However I'm wondering what that light thing on the back of her head is.
Also the top of her hair looks a little blue to me (it measures 32/36/45 at one point, so it's not just my eyes).
Best regards,
Jonas

Pat

Thank you Jonas, the blue should be gone from the back of her head now.  I'm not real sure what you are referring to when you say "that light thing on the back her head".  If you mean the area I've circled in red, it's a Velcro closure for her headband.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Jonas.Wendorf

Hi Pat,

no, I meant that area here:
That area looks quite a lot lighter than the rest of her hair to me :-).
Best regards,
Jonas

Pat

Your right Jonas she does seem to have a patch of hair that is much lighter than the rest of her hair in both the original and restored photo.  Because it did not appear to me to be caused by damage to the image and because I remembered photos of one of her brothers who also seemed to have hair of noticeably varying shades of brown /black I thought this may a natural occurrence for members of this family.  However I'm posting a version below where I've attempted to make the difference less noticeable should you think that would be the way to go on this.  I'm also posting an original photo of the brother I referred to.

WIP3:

Brother:

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Pat
Pat

Bambi

I don't know about the little girl, but the picture of the boy looks like someone shaved a path through the top of his head. The hair is shorter, not lighter. In other pictures, his hair is all the same color.

Bambi

Pat

I see what you mean Bambi, thanks.

The WIP3 posted above should be good to go then as I've reduced the blue in the hair on the top of her head and I've fixed the patch of light hair at the back of her head?

Pat
Pat

Jonas.Wendorf

#3 looks perfect to me  :up:
Best regards,
Jonas

Pat

Thanks Jonas.  I'll send it home now.

Pat
Pat