• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Cute as a button

Started by Pat, September 27, 2011, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

I think this little girl from Bambie's gallery is just cute as a button.  As always please let me know where you see the need for more work.

Original:

WIP:

Thanks,

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Johnboy

Looks good Pat. I wonder if the overall image needs darkening a smidge. It looks like the pattern on the clothing is getting washed out compared to the original. Also look at the detail in the flower. I think it is being washed out also. Is there too much red? The wall looks more neutral in the original and seems to have a reddish cast in the restore. I guess I had better get going before you toss the vase in my direction.

Johnboy

Pat

I don't think I'll throw the vase at you quite yet Johnboy.

WIP2:

Thanks,

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Bambi

Looks great, Pat. She is adorable. How did you handle those water marks around the edges? There are several more like this.

Bambi

Hannie

Beautiful job Pat!

When I first saw this photo I couldn't believe that such a small baby could stand up all by herself....  do you think I need glasses?

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Hannie I know what you mean.  It was not until I looked closely that I saw her sister is behind her (red sweater or shirt).  It appears that the sister has reached up under the baby's dress and is holding her up –probably has her hands around the baby's waist.  The look on the baby's face is priceless.

Bambi I found that in areas where the haze was fairly light and a good amount of detail could be seen through it I just needed to do some careful burning.  Then the edges of the haze that were left where little or no detail could be seen were fairly easily taken care of with the content aware healing brush.

I think I'll send her home now.  Thanks everyone.

Pat
Pat