• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Flower Girl

Started by Pat, September 24, 2011, 01:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hello Everyone,

This little gal dressed in a riot of colorful flowers is from Jonas's gallery.  It was wonderful watching her pop out from the dust and debris on the damaged original.  As always please let me know where you see the need for more work.

Original:

WIP:

Thanks, Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Pat, how lovely!
Great restore and beautiful color correction. 
Could it be that the rug she is sitting on is a little more towards beige? 

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

You're right Hannie, thanks.

WIP2:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Bambi

Hannie

Very beautiful Pat!

I just noticed now that her left foot looks a little like it is sticking up in the air.  Perhaps you can "land" her shoe by adding a tiny bit of shadow on the rug, like in the original?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Pat, you did a great job.  I noticed that the original background had some interesting fabric folds.  I removed some of the large speckles with healing brush and did a dust and scratch removal then dropped the background over your WIP.  I also darkened her bow and increased a little of her contrast.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Shujen, when you take the original and add a Curves adjustment layer and slowly make the image very light you can see one of the 'fabric folds' creep up over her left arm and another one over her bow.  I believe it is damage?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Hannie, you are right.  I can't believe I am going to say this but the picture looks better with the damage in the background  :D
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

You are right Shujen, but be very very careful when you upload your finished restore.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I received a QC rejection email from my distributor after I submitted my latest restore.
Picky picky picky!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Right again Hannie, thank you!

Shujen my sentiments are with you regarding the background look but my emergency room co-pay is too high to chance it.

WIP3:

Pat
Pat

Mhayes

Pat, smart move and your little girl looks great---like the change on the carpet too.

Hannie, that was the ultimate Band Aid restore.  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

That soft shadow under her foot makes so much difference. Just adorable!

Band-Aid restore! Hahahahahahahaha, Hannie.

Bambi

Pat

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and suggestions!  I'm sending her home now.

Pat
Pat