• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First restoration ready for review

Started by lindaped, September 22, 2011, 05:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindaped

Any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome.

The original photo:

and my first draft:

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Linda

Judy

Linda,

I like the color adjustment you made a lot, so it is looking good to me!

I believe the spot on the back of the chair is damage to the photo, though I could be wrong.  I would fix that.

I am not sure of the policy of removing the time stamp -- I have seen others do it, but I never can tell about those things. 

Cute picture, I love the look on the boy's face!

Judy

kiska

Time stamps should remain on the restore.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Bambi

Hi, Linda:

Nice job on your first restore. Great to see you in the Forum!

I agree, the color correction looks good. Maybe a little red in the skin tones, but some of these pictures look a little redder in the browser than in Photoshop. The tear at the top of the chair looks like the tear on the arm on our left. You can see it best. If it looks like it was in the original, not damage to the photo, you should leave it in.

Bambi

Hannie

Linda, congratulations on your first OPR restore, you have done a beautiful job!

If you feel you need to reduce the reds in the skin tones some you could use a Selective Color adjustment layer and in the reds move the cyan slider slightly to the right.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lindaped

Thanks, everyone. The restored version definitely looks more red in the browser than in Photoshop. And as tempting as it was for me to remove the tear in the top of the chair, I thought it would be best to leave it in. I'll send it on to Photoshelter.
Linda

Mhayes

Linda, nice restore and I agree about keepting the tear. I think the little boy's body language says it all. I think if he could have taken the baby back for a return---he would have!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

lindaped

Thanks, Margie. I agree, the look on his face is priceless, too!
Linda

valentinedesign

HI Linda :) I am another Linda from Missouri and also a newbie, I was glad to see you as a newbie and follow your first posts so you are already a Mentor, LOL. Your restore is great and I can see in the process the bonding with the photos and the people in them. I am sure that little boy though that baby was entirely too noisy. :) From the other Linda :loveit:

lindaped

Nice to meet you, Linda! Where do you live in Missouri?  :)