• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Little Girl

Started by Mike S., September 19, 2011, 09:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Good day everyone,

Please review the before and WIP of the little girl and let me know if you see anything else I need to do.  I noticed after I posted she looks a little yellow on the Forum but she does not in my Photoshop CS5.

Thank you,

Mike

Before:

WIP:
Mike S.

Hannie

Hi Mike,

What a cutie and what a great shot!  Beautiful restore work Mike, when I download to Photoshop it still seems a little too yellow.  I used the grey dropper in the left side backgrounds area.
Perhaps a color layer to bring some of the hue in the right side background to left side background as well?

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

There's a vertical line close to the left edge that should be taken care of.
<C>

Mhayes

Lurch, I don't see it and I've downloaded it and viewed it at 300%.  :wow: Are you talking about the backdrop?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mike S.

Good afternoon Hannie and Lurch,

Thank you for your comments.  Hannie I took your suggestions, let me know if it works.
Lurch I think I took care of what you were pointing out.

Mike

Little Girl Rev 2 WIP:
Mike S.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

OK, guess I missed that. Mike, this looks beautiful!

If you can, please don't remove your WIP as now we have a broken link.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mike S.

Sorry about that.  I reestablished the link.

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Thanks Mike! Family is going to be so happy!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

lurch

Looks good, Mike. No more line.
<C>

Tess (Tassie D)

What a gorgeous photo. Great job Mike. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

Nicely done, Mike!

Bambi

Judy

Hi Mike,

The restore is lovely, the only thing that bothered me was the whites of her eyes looked quite blue.  It turns out it was harder than I expected to fix, as just a color layer painting in the white didn't work for me.  I had to either dodge the whites first with a dodge and burn layer or desaturate them, then do the color layer.  I always seem to take more steps than some, though! There's a little red on the right corner of her right eye also.

Guess I am into eyes, particularly as a recent restore of mine had the same issue I thought.

Judy

Mike S.

Thanks for the catch Judy, you were right her eyes were blue.  I fixed it and they are much whiter in Photoshop than on the Forum.  Same with the red, it is her eye lid but looks good in Photoshop.  I will reload to Jonas.

Thank you,

Mike

Little Girl Rev 3:

Mike S.

Judy

Looks great now Mike -- how did you whiten them?

Judy