• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Silvering

Started by smceachron, September 16, 2011, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smceachron

Hi Hannie,  I've tried to do what Lurch suggested up to a point and I just can't lose the silvering.  I really need to get this photo completed.  I guess I just don't understand the process.  Can you explain it in easier terms for me?  Thanks ~ Sandi :huh:
~ Sandi :)

Mhayes

Hi Sandi,

Hannie will be in bed by now, but what I would suggest is to have Hannie resubmit your photo to her gallery and what you have done you may upload back to PhotoShelter. This will give another volunteer a chance to try their hand at it. You gave it a good shot, but sometimes if you one a lot harder than your skill level---it becomes too frustrating.  Try an easier one and work your way up. This was a good learning experience and eventually you will feel more comfortable with the terms explaining the process.

There are a ton of books and tutorials on the Web, but what would help you would be Katrin Eismann's book Photoshop Restoration & Retouching. All of the exercises in the book can be accessed on her website. This book will be help you in understanding some of the terms used on the forum.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

It's one of mine and it is a very hard one Sandi. If you like I can pop it back in my gallery and you can choose an easier one? Let me know what you'd prefer.

Tess
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

smceachron

Tess and Hannie,  Of course you can pop it back into your gallery. What do you think of the photo I submitted tonight? I'm pretty proud of it. 

Yes, I would like next time to take on a smaller project.  Thank you so much for all your help and I am going to purchase the Katrin Eismann's  book as this is really a new field for my skills.  Hugs, Sandi

PhotoBob

Silvering is tough. I've tried several times and now just sort of avoid it....  ::)  I know, I got me more learnen to do!

Sandi - Amazon still thinks very highly of this book (because it's a darn good book) and has kept the price high. I bought one used from the Amazon Marketplace for about 1/2 the price in practically perfect condition.  The third edition is the newest one, published in 2006, covers CS2. Still worth the money.  There's lots of books on retouching - start with Katrin Eismann's (and work your way down).

Bob
PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

Tess (Tassie D)

Sandi I think you have done a wonderful job on a photo I wouldn't attempt. Upload it to me in Photoshelter and we will see if there's anything else we can do with it. I know I can't.
Well done on such a tough restore.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

smceachron

Tess,  It's uploaded to my photobucket and I downloaded it to this thread this evening.  Hugs, Sandi

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Sandi, I meant for you to upload to Photoshelter here http://www.photoshelter.com/usr/img-upload-org
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

smceachron

Tess (Tassie D)

Got it thanks Sandi. Thanks for all your hard work on it.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]