• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Monitor recommendations?

Started by TerryB, September 13, 2011, 05:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryB

My old one is on the way out so it's time to start thinking about a new one.

Virtually everything I've read about the NEC 22" Widescreen Professional Graphics Desktop Monitor w/ SpectraViewII MODEL: P221W-BK-SV has been favorable, and the price is about right, so I'm kind of leaning in that direction.

Margie, I believe that's the monitor you got a year or so ago, any words of wisdom there?

Anyone else have a recommendation?
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Mhayes

Terry I love the my MultiSync P221W and the price is great for what you're getting. Before that I had a Sony Artisan that cost around $1,800 and when I could no longer calibrate it (CRT); I decided I couldn't afford another monitor that pricey that lasted maybe 6 years. The quality is superb! My husband though the quality was better than the Artisan. I think it is as good as some of the more expensive ones and the review below from the Shutterbug article sold me on it. As mentioned earlier you will be able to see the differences between sRGB and Adobe RGB---if your photo was taken in the Adobe color space and then you change the photo's color profile to sRGB.

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/nec-spectraview-ii-color-system-best-system-price

Hope that help.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

TerryB

Thanks Margie, your endorsement and the Shutterbug article pushed me over the edge.
Just ordered it from newegg.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Mhayes

You're welcome Terry. I Can't wait to hear how you like it compared with your other monitor.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]