• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First pic... need some advice/feedback.

Started by JAB, September 12, 2011, 04:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAB

First a thanks to Hannie for the rapid response and the Pbucket tutorial. 

The top is the original... bottom partially restored.  Here are my issues.  I cannot tell a thing about the child's feet... shoes or no ...I don't have a huge issue with recreating... but this seems to be too much of a guess. (at least for me). 

I've had this image for a while and I feel like I need to either move on a heavy fix or pass it on to someone with better chops. 

My skins's pretty thick... lay in with any advice, critiques etc.  And thanks!

Pat

What you have done so far is pretty amazing JAB.  It would be a shame to give it up now.  Kind of looks like sandals on the feet to me.
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Bambi

I agree, you've done too much to turn back now. I have moments when I'm sure I'm in over my head on every photo. I post to Forum and ask for help (check), then go for a walk or swim. When I walk away and do something else, I often think of an approach I haven't tried.

Have you checked all the channels to see if there is detail for the shoes anywhere? I always check all 10 channels—RGB, CMYK and Lab. Surprising what you can find.

Bambi

Judy

Jab,

Before the other comments I thought sandals --

I think you have done such a great job, and it obviously represents hours of work (or I would imagine so).  Just punt with the small guess.  I am sure the face and the overall expression of the picture is a lot more important that the brand of shoes.

Just my own opinion, but I do think you should honor the hours and wonderful work you have done by finishing it and not letting some shoes be your Waterloo. (Bambi's suggestion of walking away for a while is a good one too!)

Judy

JAB

Okay all and thanks, I'll hit it again... feets don't fail me now!  Cheers!