• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First Repair

Started by muthabord, September 06, 2011, 11:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muthabord

Hi folks. I am done with my first repair and have already uploaded it, but it occured to me I probably should have gotten approval before doing so. Do you all prefer to see the finished image before uploading back to photoshelter?

Anyway, I actually uploaded the "finished" image twice today, as I mistakenly sent the wrong version in my rush to get out the door this morning. Sorry. I am guessing you all will be able to see which is which.

Here's the image and the repair.

Images hosted on http://www.flickr.com

I selected a couple of images. Will the download link to the second image automatically be sent or do I need to go select another image? Looking forward to working with you all in the furture.

Thanks, Matt
Matt
scanmyoldphotos.com

Mhayes

Hi Matt,

Good repair in getting the water streaks out. The only thing I would change would have been to keep the texture in the boy's arms, especially around the inside of the elbows.  You want to see the areas of highlights so that it doesn't look painted.

Yes, your 2nd upload will be with your first. You may leave comments on the next photos you would like to work, but you won't receive one until your distributor has a chance to view your return. You will get an email back acknowledging your restore and comments of whether it is good to go or needs more work.

For everyone, this is unusual to have the same family being in multiple galleries, so to save confusion for put the distributor's name on when sending back--your name will automatically show.

Have fun on your next one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

muthabord

Agreed, arms could have been better. How does this look?

Hosted on flickr.com
Matt
scanmyoldphotos.com

Tess (Tassie D)

That looks great Matt.
I hadn't had a chance to look at your upload yet so I'd upload this new version with Tess in the description. As Margie said its getting very confusing as to which photo goes to which distributor with the one family in all of them.

By all means leave a comment on a couple of other photos. Usually the second choice is gone by the time the first photo is restored.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mike S.

Mike S.

Hannie

Congratulations on your first OPR restore Matt!  You did a beautiful job and the adjustment looks good too.

One thing that jumps out at me is the shoulder/collar bone area.  You wanted to get rid of the blown out highlights in the original and it seems you have lost some detail there now.

A great tool in Photoshop is Shadows/Highlights adjustment from the the Image->Adjustment dropdown menu.  (I never could understand why Adobe didn't make this great tool part of the palette section so it can be reversed)

When you first open it the Shadow slider can be moved right back to the left and then you can move the Highlights slider to the right some. (aprox. 5%)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

muthabord

Thanks for the kinds words. Onwards and upwards.
Matt
scanmyoldphotos.com