• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Good evening from Pennsylvania

Started by steven462, August 31, 2011, 10:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steven462

Okaaaaaaaay,
I took a look around the photo shelter galleries to see what all the fuss was on restoring some of the photos as I want to make a selection today.
My wife was in the her craft room in the back of the house when I yelled "What???, This is not restoration!!! This is rebuilding!
When she came running out she found me curled up in the recliner moaning "It can't be done, it can't be done"
She went over to the computer to see what the big deal was and remarked "Ya think they'll let you out of the lease? Then she says "Look at all those pretty swirly colors, the blues and the greens, and reds. Hmmmmm, gives me an idea for designing a web site.
When I told her I had to figure out a way to get rid of those "swirly things" She remarked "Just use on of those button thingies in photoshops tool box."
I've been looking for that "button" for the last 4 hours and can't find it.
Are there any tutorials on this?
I have removed heavy staining on black and white but never color.

Steven

Pat

My goodness Steven your house sounds better than late night comedy; can we come over? :funny:

In all seriousness though the best thing to do is pick a photo you'd like to try your hand at.  Once you have your email invitation to download it and have it on your computer post it here in the forum with your questions.  We need to be able to see specifically what you are up against in order to offer suggestions, tutorials etc.

We all look forward to helping you get started!

Pat   
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Bambi

Ahhhhhhhh! I think I know those red and yellow swirls you're talking about. Here's some great advice people gave me in two previous posts.

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3281.0.html

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3320.0.html

Welcome! We need the help on these.

Bambi

steven462

Well I selected, commented and hit the submit button.

As soon as the invite makes its way to me the ride begins and I am looking forward to it although it may be a little bumpy at the start

Steven

Mhayes

Steven,

Enjoyed your post and I know I shouldn't be smiling, but you have a great sense of humor. Up until now it never hit me that we should have a kit for newcomers that would include a paper bag---for those hyperventilating and a bottle of Tums for those who develop a queasy stomach when they view their choices in the galleries.

When you receive your photo, post the before and the after. Try to do a color correction on your after and then we can start giving you tips on different ways to start. I love your wife's comment about using one of those PS buttons, but this remark used repeatedly may start to push your buttons.  :)

Looking forward to your posting.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Steven -

I'm getting slower and slower on the uptake, but that doesn't absolve me from belatedly sending you a warm welcome from West Central Florida.

Having read your reaction to your first view of the galleries, I have to agree with Margie that we need to send each newbie a kit for stress overload until you get accustomed to the fact that this is what we do and it's like no other restoration work anywhere else.  I love your wife's suggestion that you use one of the "button thingies" to fix the image.  I've been hunting for more than 5 years for a key that my husband swears is hidden somewhere on every computer.  It's the FWW key (fix what's wrong).  No luck!

Obviously you're going to be a great addition to the crew.  You've met some of the impish members: Kiska, Hannie (Ms. Hun), JB (John Boy) and Shujen (Schen).  Margie gets her licks in when she can, but she has a huge job keeping all of us in line and running the organization.

I'm so glad you've joined us, and I look forward to seeing more of you on the forum.

Cheers
GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)