• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Irene Roll Call

Started by Pat, August 29, 2011, 09:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

All volunteers who found yourselves or your loved ones in the path of Irene please sign in here as you are able and let us know how you are doing.  We are concerned about you!

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

schen

My son, who lives in Manhattan, drove out of town to avoid Irene.  Now he can not return to work today because the highway is shutdown.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Pat

Schen it's good to know that your son got himself out of harm's way.  Let's hope that when he gets to return home he is not faced with a lot of damage to his personal possessions.  I understand that there was about foot of water in the streets at the South Street Seaport in Lower Manhattan before the tide began receding.

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Oldfaded

Nothing happened up here in Burke, at our place, but the loss of internet. No loss compared to the devastation going on in Southern Vermont and elsewhere.
There was at one point 11 towns that were being called Islands as they were cut off totally from the world. Even now I saw on the news children in one town are having to climb two ladders to get up to the road to catch the school bus to school or take a tractor over the river which for a child both are scary after what just happened. Hardly feel either are very safe, but there's not much anyone can do.
My home town so far is doing well the water is 4 times as high as I have ever seen it in 50 years.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.595828782225.2088780.4404297
--
All one needs to do is look at Youtube and type in "vermont flooding irene" and there are many videos, all just sink in my stomach and tear at my heart. Its hard when landmarks you recognize or used to recognize are being washed away...
I just posted a plea to help with photographs, theres nothing I can do, I almost posted to volunteer then thought of all the photos and realized I cant do it all alone. I dont even have the organizational or knowledge to put it all together.

KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

Pat

You are helping to get the word out and about what needs to be done and if it gets to the right people that's no small thing Kate.  It's good that you suffered nothing but the loss of internet.
Pat

Oldfaded

Thanks Pat. I hope that someone will see and know what to do to organize things.
---
VT Weather -
A *FLOOD WATCH* is in effect through Thursday afternoon for our central and southern areas where the heaviest of the rain will fall.  An additional 1-3" of rain is likely through early Thursday.
---
Yup, more rain. BUT Friday and through the weekend should be sunny and dry.  :loveit:
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

Mhayes

Kate, see your other post on Vermont and yes, we are working on a copy run there.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]