• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

For further review

Started by smceachron, August 30, 2011, 11:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smceachron

The green one is gone and this is as close as I can  get. I'm so sorry. :-[
~ Sandi :)

lurch

This one has bad silvering, but that's a product of age, not damage.
<C>

schen

This discoloring may be from aging but I think removing partially will look better.  I would add a Hue/Saturation layer and decrease saturation by about -50.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

smceachron

Mhayes

Sandi, I think what would help would be for you to post with your original post (or the 2nd one) so that we can see the comparison. Each time you post to a different post for the same photo it gets really confusing. You started With Young Man from my Photobucket and then it went to For Further Review and Now I hope this helps.  Are you having problems posting to an existing post? Not trying to be overly critical, but make it easier for us to follow your progress.  :)

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

smceachron

I tried to upload the photo and couldn't find a way to put it back into the link on the thread.  I've never had to do this before since I've never deleted a photo.  I am so sorry to be such a pain in the tush.  Thank you for not being so critical. Yes, I need help to put a replacement photo back in the thread in the same spot the old one was it.  :(

Pat

Sandi you just need to upload the deleted photo back to Photobucket.  Go to your forum post that the photo has been deleted from and click on modify, delete the image link that no longer works and paste in the correct link for the photo.

It does seem complicated the first time you try it but don't worry you'll feel like an old pro before you know it.
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Sandi, not only can you modify a post like Pat said, but you can also click on reply when you want to continue on the same thread. Let us know if you need help.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

smceachron

I've added the green photo back to the photobucket.  I don't think I can add it back to the thread from your email.

lurch

Sandi, the silvering is still as bad as it was. If you want to get rid of it, an effective procedure is in http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-restoration/23911-restoring-copy-photo-silvering.html, post #2.
<C>

Hannie

Sandi, if can you post your Photobucket link here, I will fix it for you.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

A great tip Lurch.  Thanks for posting it.
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Thanks for the tip Lurch,

I am saving it for the next one I run into.
Mike S.

Mhayes

Lurch, thanks for a great tip! When we go to Joplin I'm hoping that we can try out a polarized filter on our lights and also one on the camera lens as that is suppose to help with photos that have silvering.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

Lurch, that's Boffo!  Thank you.