• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is this done??...anyone see anything else?

Started by happyheart, August 24, 2011, 05:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyheart

I think this is done....but does anyone see anything before I turn it in?  Does the ear look ok? ???

If it's artsy or Photoshop, I'll give it a try!
aka Betty

Judy

Betty, I think the restore is really looking good, but the two things that jumped at me were the brightness of the background and that shadow under his chin which is softer in the original and oddly shaped in the restore. 

I did a quick select of the background layer and then with the selection did a hue/saturation layer so I could fiddle with colors of the background, and I personally liked the beige/brown of the original the best. 

The ear looks like it is stung by a bee, but I am not enough of an artist to figure out exactly what is wrong.  I think it probably needs shading down a little lower (you know the bumps and whorls inside the ear).  I tried copying the blue channel over just for the ear and it appeared to me that the ear was a little longer and not smooth.  I never got the color of what I copied over right though so what I did was no improvement just seeing whether it looked not as bee stung, which did happen.  (Do I sound like a bee recently stung my ear and it was swollen?  -- you got it!)

Judy

Mhayes

Hi Happheart, you have done a good job on this and I agree with Judy on the background. I know you had so much missing, but you want to keep it close to the original.

If you drop the original on top of your finished work and then lower the opacity, you will see that his ear has grown larger. Luckily, the bottom part of the ear lobe is still intact on the original. I would lasso good part and rotate into place. I know the original is a mess, but look at the inside of the ear---you have a double ridge on the inside part and it shouldn't be there. Hope that makes sense?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

happyheart

Thanks for the replies ladies.  I actually cloned the color from the original (after color correcting, as the yellow is WAY out of wack.  The color is pretty true to the corrected original, but I can definitely tone in down some.  I'll take another look at the ear also.  It doesn't blend in with the rest the way it should.  I will also look at the shape again.  Thanks for the new eyes.
If it's artsy or Photoshop, I'll give it a try!
aka Betty

Hannie

Hi Betty,

Great work! 
I also agree with Judy and Margie on the background.  When I do a levels and curves correction on the original it comes with less cyan and blue.   (don't rule out that it may be monitor related)

I think perhaps his ear stands out a little less and some of his hair reaches the temple of his glasses?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]