• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Woman in Garden

Started by Bambi, August 01, 2011, 05:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambi

Please let me know what you think.

Mhayes

Bambi, I think this looks pretty good. It's a minor thing, but I wonder on the skirt which is the correct coloring---the top half or the bottom half?

Interesting photo!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

I selected this from Hannie's Gallery because I wanted to try my new CS5 Content-Aware Fill. Damage around the edges, with lots of miscellaneous dense foliage around the woman. It's far from a one step fix, but I have to say it shaved 75 percent off my time on this picture.

I did it just like the Adobe CS5 tutorial. Selected the woman, copied and pasted her into a new layer. Then expanded the woman selection by 10 pixels and filled the background. Still a lot of work to do and there was some pattern repetition, but a quick start on what could have been a difficult picture.  I don't know how I would have cloned the background without it.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/photoshop-cs5-feature-tour/content-aware-fill-part-1/

One tip: Do the preliminary spotting in the undamaged areas before using Content-Aware Fill. It replicates all the white spots in the into the damaged areas!

Bambi

I rely on you, Margie. I can fix that.

Bambi

Mhayes

Bambi, this looks like the same photo as before?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

Oops! Here's the skirt fix.

Mhayes

Bambi, I thought maybe my eye sight was failing as I tried to firgure out what you had changesd.  :funny:

Yes, this is better, thanks.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi