• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Gee Up - Email

Started by Ausimax, September 25, 2006, 01:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Hi,
I guess the rest of you, like me received an encouragement email. I would just like to add that before I started with OPR I had next to no experience with photo restoration (and some would say that is still the case :D).

There were no easy or moderate available, so I jumped in at the deep end and started in difficult, it certainly steepens the learning curve, but then we learn a lot more when we get out of our comfort zone.

So I would encourage you to have a try, if you can't carry out a successful restoration you can hand it back, with little lost, as the images are still waiting to be done anyway, jump in you may just surprise yourself. ;D

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Hi Max

You're being too modest.  You've done a fine job on the restorations that I've seen.

It was courageous of you to jump into the difficults with litle experience, because I've done restorations before, and these are unbelieveably daunting.

I've deliberately chosen photos that looked really bad just to be able to get a grip on how to handle them (thinking that with my experience, I'd whiz right through them), and every one I've done has become a "painting" on the first try. (Humbling, to say the least!)

But I concur that working on a project that's beyond what we think our capabilities are allows us to
S-T-R-E-T-C-H and surprise ourselves with what we can do.

You're an inspiration!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)