• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Not sure if this hit the spot!

Started by GP, September 24, 2006, 05:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milanab

i am reading names on this image, i can see Alfred above his head and i believe it is Frances above hers.  they are placed so that it is reasonable that these are their names and they are not backwards as to be bleed through.  i have been working on trying to get an image to show you.. Alfred is quite legible Frances is a little harder but still i am reasonably confident that this is what they say. but it seems dave has given the go ahead to drop the names  ..thats okay...
without faith...there is no hope

klassylady25

Why did you remove the signatures?  If you can give just that section, only larger, I believe that I could restore them.  If for nothing else but my own curiosity.  I love working on documentation!!!  I do it for some of the lawyers in my home town. 

Dave

When we are digitally copying the damaged originals, the owners are "interviewed" to a degree about each of the pictures. If something out of the ordinary is on the image (other than damage), we ask the owner if the object or information is part of the picture and if it needs to be preserved. If it is, instructions are included with the owners contact information.

Those instructions will be passed on to the restoration volunteer. If GP didn't receive any specific instructions about the writing on this image, then she did the right thing by removing it.

It could be a case, where someone wrote on the picture at some point and later regretted doing so.

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Dave

GP,

If all of this debate has you second guessing, you could always return two versions of the image. One with the writing and one without. But as I previously stated, the current version without the writing is just fine.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

GP

Dave, thank you for the clarification on the subject. I just got your email about the remaining pictures needing attention. So I think it is more important to devote my time to the next challenge. But if the owner of the picture  would like me to restore the writing on the picture I will gladly do so, I have it still on my computer and can go back to it any time.

GP
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

milanab

i think you did a great job on this.  i didn't see daves reply at first when i posted about the signatures.  keep up the good work
without faith...there is no hope

klassylady25

I for one, appreciate the clarification and though I didn't see the first post it didn't hurt to read it (or write) it once more.  Thank you Dave, you're a doll!!     :up: