• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

harder than it looked

Started by Oldfaded, July 09, 2011, 11:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfaded

I took this project as it looked fairly cut and dry. But upon closer inspection it was pelted with 'dots' Poor baby looked like he had the measles!
I saw some spots, but not THAT many. So after hours of spots before my eyes and snow blindness. Here is what came out of it.
------------
ORIGINAL
--

--
Close up of spots
--

-----------------
RESTORED
---

---
Have to admit that the photographer who did this portrait is with question. I can not for the life of me figure out why he would cut part of the portrait off... [pet peeve]...lol
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

Judy

Kate, you really are a ball of fire with all your restorations. 

I've never tried it, but perhaps you can do something like invert image so you don't get snowblindness?

Anyhow, I agree with you.  I have been surprised at how many "professional" photos are lopping things off on one side.  Maybe they would say it is for "artistic balance" of the photo.

Judy

Hannie

All I have to say about that is: Olin Mills studios!

Great job Kate.

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Very nice Kate!

Before we criticize the photographer on cropping, it is worth noting that some of the photos are cut away from frames or the owner uses scissors to cut away the damage. Unless you are there at the copy run, you really have no idea if this is the same dimensions as the original.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Oldfaded

Thanks all for the comments!

I have seen artistic lopping off... all I can say is Im a baby shoe person GET the SHOE in the photograph please....lol

Right Hannie remember that one and think twice eh? :)

that is true Margie, and my reasoning on it being the original cut is due to the sides in the original are pretty straight cut, most people running with scissors cant do such an exact cut.
Sometimes one never knows from where it came from !!
I wanted to in the beginning add on the rest of it and re-size center so that it was more proportioned. but Jonas said nah, do it as you see it. Stay true to the original.
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2