• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Checkup on pic please

Started by battleaxe, June 23, 2011, 10:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Hello,
   Here is my latest pic.

I'm not sure but I think I took out a design on the multicolored shirt. Is that a palm tree/beach design I took out... or damage?

Also my background trees, and swing poles are not looking well....tried putting back in texture in the trees but not sure if I wrecked them. 

thanks  :hug:

:)  now that I've posted this I see I really messed up the trees....will redo those

Tori803

This one is really a mess. You deserve a big hand for taking this one on!

I think the 'palm tree' is just damage. If you look at the different channels, including Lab channels, you get a different design on each. Also, the cyan stripes look like damage too, as one stripe runs over the slacks onto the blouse. The gray pole in the foreground (right) looks like part of the swing, so it would be in front of the road(?) in the background.

swing by Tori803, on Flickr

I think the trees will look better as separate fuzzy blobs than as merging fuzzy blobs. I know that's really helpful. Maybe there's a tutorial somewhere on fuzzy blobs...

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

battleaxe

Thank-you Tori  :hug:

For pointing out the front of the swing.  Saw it as that initially, then somehow my brain decided it was a border of some sort on the ground instead.   

I'm in the process of re-cloning (with a harder brush, and no sweeping of the brush) of the trees to repair them. This should lessen the extreme blurring I caused, and keep more of the trees textures intact. That and use cut out, repositioned portions of the trees to also repair them.

Again thanks 

battleaxe

Here is what I hope is the completed pic  :)

Hannie

Looks a lot better Battleaxe!
The 2 ladies also look much better now!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

battleaxe

Thanks Hannie.

Now that I took a Break from it, I see that I still have to correct the front swing leg .  Have to bring it down off the page and tilt it more like Tori told me to.  (I borrowed the leg from the other side as a smart object in PS, so have it on its own layer so I can move and distort it as needed)

battleaxe

OK

I think this is the last one...lol

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

battleaxe

Thanks Tori, Hannie  :hug:

Am sending it home now