• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello, what a wonderful place this is!!

Started by womanmarine, June 16, 2011, 07:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

womanmarine

Hi, I'm Ruth from North Carolina.  I have been doing restoration on some old family photos and negatives.  Some samples of my early work here:

http://www.glitterstuff.com/king-cooper/

The top photo is the first I ever did, it is my mother and I found the picture shortly after she died. I also found a treasure trove of  negatives taken by my grandfather as a young man!!  Such amazing photos.

I am so impressed with what is being done here that I simply had to volunteer.  Right now work is interfering as we are in the end of the fiscal year crunch.  It should be over by the end of this month.

I so enjoy bringing old and damaged photos to life.  I am but an amateur, but it has become a serious hobby.  I hope I do well.

Pat

Hi Ruth and a warm welcome to OPR!  From the looks of your early work you'll do just fine here.  What a gorgeous photo of your mother.  How bitter-sweet to happen upon it shortly after her death.  Thank you for deciding to join in our efforts.  There are many amateurs as well as experts here and you'll find the forum a wonderful learning environment.
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Ruth from Kansas! It is great that you have joined as you already have a passion for restoring. Thanks for the link to your site and very nice work. Hope to see more of you on the forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]