• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need Critique

Started by philbach, June 12, 2011, 08:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

This is an interesting photo.  It looks like it had water damage and had some soft vertical streaks running down the photo.  Also someone penciled in some detail along her right side of her neck and her eyelashes.   At any rate I would appreciate some suggestions on this. Thanks

phil

Tori803

Interesting hat!

The thing that caught my eye was her hair on our left. It looks a little too dark, compared to the rest of the photo.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

Her eye on your left catches attention as being too much darker than the one on your right.
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

philbach

Thanks.  As yet I have done nothing to either her hair on her right side or the eyes.  I think that luminosity change was due to the water damage.  I'll work on your suggestions before I submit.
phil

Mhayes

Hi Phil,

What a lovely old photo. I think you are right about the water damage and I think part of the problem is that when the photo got wet; the photo starts to buckle. The thing that catches my eye is that looking on your left under her hat I think needs repairing. You're off to a good start and I played around trying to keep the old look, but a little lighter.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]