• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Ready for Critique

Started by Pat, June 07, 2011, 10:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hi Everyone,

Please let me know if you see the need for more work on this beautiful old photo from Margie's gallery.

Original:

WIP:

Thanks!

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tori803

Nice job! I think the curtains look a little too saturated compared to the rest of the image though.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

You are so right about that Tori.  Thank you!

WIP2:
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Pat,

I agree with Tori, but still wonder if the curtains are too blue on your left. This is kind of a tricky photo, because it looks hand painted. I tried a quick Levels Adjustment and a Curves Adjustment. On the Curves, I just hit the "Auto" button and found the results the most pleasing. The other thing I am wondering is whether the curtains are that color or whether this is a case of a chemical reaction of the photo?

Beautiful photo!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Margie this is the results I got doing a curves auto adjustment per your suggestion.  I'm willing to try anything else you can suggest if you don't like this.

I can't tell you how many times I tried tweaking that blue color before I made even the first post of this photo.  It just did not seem quite right no matter what I did.  Maybe as you suggest the curtains are only blue due to a chemical reaction or maybe it's because the photo has been hand painted.

WIP3:

Pat

Mhayes

Pat,

I think your restore looks great and my auto Curves while not as vibrant as what you got, doesn't mean you are wrong. I will see if I can ask the owner. Also, could you upload your version, because what shows on the Forum is not exactly spot on since depending on the browser, like Internet Explorer, will not follow your color profile.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Okay Margie I can do that.  Thanks
Pat

Hannie

Great restore Pat!
It may help the curtains if towards the bottom you gradually darken them a little like in the original.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Thank you Hannie for the suggestion.  I think I'm going to start seeing curtains in my dreams! ;D

WIP4:
Pat

Hannie

Pat, I think that looks great, what a lovely restore!

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Really nice! I love all the textures in this image: the carpet on the floor, the curtains, the backdrop, the dress, the flowers. What a wonderful photo to save!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

I really enjoyed working on this beautiful old photo.  Thank you all for the kind words and for all the help with those curtains! 
Pat

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

GP

Pat, awesome restore!  :up:
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Pat

Thank you all for your kind comments.   :hug:
Pat