• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Copy Run to Griffin, GA

Started by Mhayes, June 05, 2011, 08:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Take a look at the new home page and the OPR blog with news about the upcoming copy run to Griffin, GA July 15 & 16.

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/2011/06/operation-photo-rescue-to-help-spalding-county-ga/

After that I will have more news about the Joplin, MO copy run.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie, the info on the home page is great.  I went to You Tube to see the video of the destruction in Griffin, and it broke my heart. I've been watching CNN almost constantly and have done a lot of crying and grieving for the people in the path of those monster storms.

I noticed that there were quite a few videos from the Griffin area on You Tube, and that made me wonder if posting something about OPR's copy run in the comment area of each would be a good idea. Not only for Griffin but also for Joplin. Especially to advise people to not throw away their damaged photos. What do you think?

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

GK,

That is a great idea and I signed up to YouTube and tried to post after signing up and got the message there was an error and sorry. I will try again. Does anyone know if on comments to YouTube any reason why a link back to our site would not work?

Margie

Footnote: I posted to that particular YouTube, but didn't do the link back.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

david_gr

If anyone can make it, the copy run in Spalding County, i.e., Griffin, will be July 15 & 16.  I welcome and urge you to come.  Send me a message if you are interested.

david_gr

Tori,

I really did not expect you folks to come all the way from Minnesota. 

It's a pity we can't get more people from the Southeast since it appears this will be the only copy run in the area.   I will be having two photographers, Laura Inalesnik's Husband, Greg and Tammy Wilson, a local photographer and some other folks to help, i.e. Glenna & her Husband, Laura, and my Wife, Marge.  Since I think we can help more people, I would like to get the word to some of the other folks from other areas about our copy run.  I was thinking about those tornado victims living up in North Georgia, and around Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

If anybody knows a tornado victim in the Southeast, they are welcome to bring up to 20 pictures.  I know its a ways to travel but maybe some families could pool their photographs.  Contact me and I can email a copy of the permission sheet.  It's a thought anyway.

David Gr

Mhayes

David,

When you say it is a pity that you can't get more people from the Southeast; I need to know whether you are talking volunteers or those with photos? I also need you to keep me posted of the places you are sending out press releases to, phone contacts, and places that will let you post the flier I sent you. Have you called the public radio there to tell them of your run? You ask that people contact you on this post, which is fine if they are OPR members, but nonmembers wouldn't be able to. Leave your email or phone for them to contact you.

The one thing you will run into as far as Tuscaloosa, AL is that some places are out of commission and that means even city government. That is why sometimes it is better to wait and not rush in. Have you been in contact with places that are holding found photos to let them know of your service?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]